Daft Punk Lathe work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xXFIRE_WIREXx

Reaction score
Hi i posted on here a while ago looking for some parts turned.

Due to some complications i still need the work done.

Looking to have some parts cut for a small project i am working on. Parts will be turned from 6 and 8 mm aluminium rod. Which i can supply.

Here is the final measurement for what I need cut -

4 x (32.00mm x 6mm Diameter) M3 thread both ends. Hole can be drilled straight through. 5mm deep minimum thread depth. Thread straight through if needed.

4 x (7.00mm x 8mm Diameter) M3 thread straight through.

3 x (9.00mm x 8mm Diameter) M3 thread straight through.

1 x (4.00mm x 6mm Diameter) M3 thread straight through.

7 x (51.00mm x 6mm Diameter) M3 thread both ends. Hole can be drilled straight through. 5mm deep minimum thread depth. Thread straight through if needed.

4 x (5.00mm x 6mm Diameter) M3 thread straight through

Anyone able to do this would be doing me a huge favor.

The project -

602693_561886683853444_148699512_n.jpg

i wonder whether a model engineering forum may be worth a look. I dont know a great deal, but it sounds like a watchmakers lathe might be the tool for the job.

All doable on a standard lathe but just a lot of fiddly work.
Turning to diameter, parting , facing to length, centring, drilling and tapping.
Similar but not the same, standard parts are available which the OP could have purchased and designed the project around.

Thanks guys.

The parts really do need to be custom (like every other part of the build) as they are being used in the helmet visor area which has a tolerance down to .2mm.

The others are being used in the small control box you see in the front of the image. just a couple of mm here and there would mean no space for wires etc and the box would gain thickness... which it cant.

Iv found a company willing to do the work for £50 so i think i will go with them. morse expensive than i thought but they can get it done now and fast.

Cheers

mickthetree":1eysbnz9 said:
Mind if I ask what its going to be used for? Just a fan of the band?

Yeah just a fan. Made the helmet originally just for a Halloween party i was going to -

388852_268880979820684_160430289_n.jpg

yeah turns out at about £2 each so not too bad.

Thanks

Back