Chuck thread adaptor wanted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, Chaps

Can any one make me a chuck thread adaptor with female 18mm 2.5 to male 3/4" 16 tpi?

chuck adaptor.gif

Please excuse the bad drawing all dimensions in milimeters apart from the 3/4" x 16 tpi

Just let me know how much it will cost.

Pete

Attachments

• chuck adaptor.gif
    chuck adaptor.gif
    8.7 KB · Views: 918
Not what you want to hear, but that would be quite a pig to make. From my experience, getting the two threads and more importantly, the registers, absolutely true is a major precision task, probably involving several attempts :( .
If the metric thread is a headstock spindle of some sort, you might be better off getting a complete new spindle machined, which could be a simpler job with a single mounting between centres for turning. This would then allow you to mount "standard thread" accessories for ever and a day.

Hi, Dick

Well it's for a woodworking lathe so precision isn't that important, I guess i should have said that :oops:

Pete

Hi, Chaps

If I remove the spindle and post a photo, can you give me a price for a replacement?

Pete

That's a fantastic offer from Ian, so if you are happy with the additional overhang from using an adaptor, then jump at it. But I'd still recommend replacing the spindle as a whole, for lots of reasons.
I'm guessing Ian could do that just as quickly if you take him the spindle.

Back