Extending the length of quick-action bar clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
I find these clamps very useful indeed:

210225_inset1_xl.jpg

DKPBC300_A_b3.jpg

And I've just found a quick and dirty way to extend their length:

1. Take three clamps.
  2. Remove the reversible ends of two of them.
  3. Holding them aligned so that the handled jaws face each other, fit the pin from one bar into the hole on the other, and vice versa.
  4. Keep them together with the third clamp across the overlap.
The bars lock together side-by-side, making a single long clamp almost double the length of the original ones. It's a bit clumsy using a similar sized clamp just to keep the bars locked together, but anything would do - possibly even a spring clip.

It's not a replacement for a longer bar, but it does get you out of a hole, so to speak. I've got some holding a split chair seat together at the moment whilst it's glueing.

E.

Hudson Carpentry":1qdfl1pc said:
I love that the clamps in the bottom picture are holding a screwed frame together......

Not just holding a screwed frame together, but the bottom ones appear to be clamping a single piece of wood to... itself?

JakeS":1phygpdh said:
Hudson Carpentry":1phygpdh said:
I love that the clamps in the bottom picture are holding a screwed frame together......

Not just holding a screwed frame together, but the bottom ones appear to be clamping a single piece of wood to... itself?

Ah yes, but if you sell them you can afford long clamps and long pieces of wood.

I have to get by with shorter clamps and to stick two pieces of wood together to make something longer, er, wider.

:)

Latest posts

Back