Burgess BBS-20 Bandsaw Instructions

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownbottle

Reaction score
Hi, just purchased a BBS-20 bandsaw and was wondering if anyone knows where I can get an instruction manual for it.
It seems to be in good working order, I've re-aligned everything (the blade was very off centre) but I would like to check the instructions to make sure I've got it all set up ok.

Thanks

Chris

I'm looking for spares for mine. It's got the blade guide missing.

see here...

bbs4.jpg

haven't got a clue where to get one from.

Chris. Lee,

I've got a BK3/BK3 Plus manual - which I think is pretty similar. I could scan it for you if nobody finds the exact thing.

But there's not much that's special to the model - a general book or guide to set-up would apply ok.

As for spares, I believe that Burgess were absorbed into Record Power. I did once get the door clips from Axminster, but it was years ago. Worth a phone call to them and ask. I expect a lot of these have been scrapped by now!

Andy

Lee, I think I may have a spare guide for that Burgess, let me rummage, pikky on Friday if I have. Yours for a fiver plus the postage? Sam

Hi all, can anyone supply me with a copy of The Instructions for Burgess BK3 Plus bandsaw or perhaps tell me where I can get a copy please...
Many thanks in advance !!!

Hi Sean

Well, it says here I have a manual, and in 2009 I believe I knew where it was. I've just had a look in all the places I would expect to find it and no luck yet. If I find it, I'll scan it.

Meanwhile, tell us what you need to know - there's nothing specially unusual about it, so any usual description of how to set up a bandsaw will apply. If you are missing bits or wondering how something should look I can take pictures of mine for you, in a bit more detail than this:

IMG_0206.jpg

Hi Andy,
My first band saw so I`ve not got much of a clue about setting it up. I will post some pics of things I have and want to know about....
Cheers!!

Sean

Sean - and anyone - I have now found the BK3 and BK3+ manual if it's still wanted...

I have got a Mk2 Burgess bandsaw, dose anyone know the blade size i can go upto, like in the machine is a new 1/4 blade, can i go bigger like 3/8th ?
Plus if any one did sort out a manuel that they can email me i would be most appreciated.
[email protected]
thanks Reg

I've successfully used 1/2" 3/8" and 1/4" on mine and can confirm that there is sufficient room to do so. There's no great advantage with the 1/2" compared to the 3/8" in my opinion, and the 3/8" is easier to tension. Less than 1/4" would not work with the blade guides.

Ok calling all Burgess fans:

I have scanned and uploaded the old manual.

Whether it's worth having or not is another matter...

Attachments

• Burgess BK3 Manual.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 184
Thanks Andy,
I have downloaded the manuel and am pleased with the information on the blades, your a star.
Reg

Happy to help - in my experience it's a very capable little saw. Welcome to the forum btw - you'll find it a very friendly place.

Jumping onto the end of this thread, I picked up a Burgess BBS 20 on a used tools stall at the local market today. He let me have it for £25. I don't really need it, but I thought it was so cute, it would be cruel to leave it there.

Looking forward to having a play.

Cheers

Steve

This is Les in the shed I am retired. I have recently purchased a BK3 PLUS although complete it was spares or repair. After rebushing the drive spindle and putting a thread insert for the top wheel in the alley slide at the top. I can now keep the 1/4" blade on , but it is a bit switchy. A step in the right direction. I think a wider blade might be a little better behaved please advise.

lesintheshed":29elat2s said:
This is Les in the shed I am retired. I have recently purchased a BK3 PLUS although complete it was spares or repair. After rebushing the drive spindle and putting a thread insert for the top wheel in the alley slide at the top. I can now keep the 1/4" blade on , but it is a bit switchy. A step in the right direction. I think a wider blade might be a little better behaved please advise.

Hi Les

If you adjust the top wheel properly (patience!) it will track with any width blade. If it isn't tracking with 1/4", a wider blade will also have problems.

I got new blades from Ian at Tuffsaws, which have been superb. He will be able to advise. https://www.tuffsaws.co.uk

All the best

Steve

Hello Steve Blackdog,
This is les in the shed thank you for your encouragement. I am new to all this at the moment I am deciding which is the greater challenge, the computer OR the band saw. It's a close thing but!! I am going to pursiveor with both { the only way is forward}. Sorry I am wofeling.
Many thanks, Les.

Latest posts

Back