"A bit of two worlds"

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lin

Established Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd post this pic of a piece that my hubby and I did for a customer earlier this year. The porcelain angels came to me in many, many pieces. A bottle of CA glue, pair of tweezers, and a bit of time made them whole again. The customer asked for them to be put on a base with turned candle holders and a scrolled angel with the lettering he desired below it. This one was a challenge for me and I was glad when the piece was done and delivered but the good feeling when I saw the look on his face was worth the time I put in. I did make a decent commision for the piece but glad I don't have to do another.
Entire piece was done with maple, cherry and walnut.
Lin

angelprojectlg.jpg

Looks like you had some fun with the lathe on this one. The angel is nicely detailed. HAs a 3d look about it
But!!! that don't look like a store bought table there all sitting on?? :whistle: :lol:

Slim, The table is realy the base. I used 1/2" cherry and walnut to cut it. I didn't have a piece of either that was 3/4" or more thick so I jus=t angle cut them at two divifferent sizes and put them together to make the base. I'ts around 24" long.....Big heavy piece. I glued and screwed all the pieces to it.

Bob, Hello,...Nice to see another familar face here......Welcome

Lin

Back