Aldi, router and table tomorrow Sunday 11th sept

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
See there is a sale offer at Aldi tomorrow for above, I would not mind a second set up (and a cheapie) if anygood.
Anyone know of this setup?

One of these things you need to see and examine close-up, but from the photo it does look like the bits and pieces could be very useful for someone making a home-made router table. The feather boards and switch alone would be worth the cost - given that they're adequate quality. Comparing feather board pictures they appear better made than the Axminster ones and similar to the Rutland offerings.

I'll get along to Aldi tomorrow and see if there's an open carton (or I'll open one :) ) to see what the quality is like.

Ah well, I am out of temptation, nearest branch Exeter or Plymouth, that could cost me between £6 and £12 pound of petrol plus if they wife came???????????????

Looks similar (if not identical) to A model screw fix used to sell,as well as one on sale in machine mart!...but about £10 cheaper,I doubt it would take much abuse....like someone else said "you get what you pay for". Phil.

I've got the identical machinemart version of the table, it's pretty rubbish. I used the switch and featherboards for my own router table build, but the rest is junk IMO.

I bought one similar a few months ago when not quite sure if the woodworking malarky was for me, I felt chuffed to bits with my cheapie router (Red Devil) and table. Once I started to get more ambitious with my mini projects I found it to be flimsy and not very versatile.

Its been said, you get what you pay for.

I paid £250 for my Triton 1/2" router in 2002 and its serial number is 034, it is now just showing signs of age so I shall expect to renew someday, but I want one that will fit my Triton router table tho.

Went in to Aldi today to purchase the router bit set for £6.99 and while in there I also purchased a pack of 2 sort of bulldog type clips with magnets on them to clip on the side of a paint tin and the magnet holds your brush over the paint either vertical or horizontal great idea for £2.99 for 2.

I bought a pack of those too... I doubt they'll get used for their intended purpose, though - they look far too usefull for other holding jobs.

Si.

Back