Axminster super precision chuck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had talked with her about the Patriot, but there was some initial confusion over the thread size, then my funds got diverted elsewhere...
Just wondered if anybody knew what was going on with the SPC?

Si.

Does look as though they may have dropped it, I had noticed that there appeared to have been a cost reduction approach to it's production in recent years, the chuck in the package deals appeared different to the individually available item, on the shelves at one time.

Looks like they might be after bulk sales with the lower cost K10 pattern.
Although I have the 125mm version body and am happy with it for the tasks I use it for I would not class it in the same league of fit and ease of use of the old Precision Chuck that is my first option and at the time of acquiring was an order of magnitude better experience than the older pattern Nova I had before.

spasm":1r1hqqxw said:
just hope they keep suppilying the back plates.

Spasm
I'm in the other camp of having a spare back plate for my machine and needing another body to go with it.
Not essential but it would have been one of those 'nice to have' purchases.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hope they have not dropped it

Best chuck they make

Fortunately I have 6 and lots of jaws

I have sent a email asking whats happened to it , will post up the reply

Look forward to see what they reply. i'm very happy with mine grabbed hold of a logg and didn't let it slip :).

spasm

Just spoken to Richard

He will be along soon with the Update :mrgreen:

PS , He also said most Axmintser staff are avid readers of our forum and he thinks UKW is the best one on the net :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Result for everyone involved =D>

I hope they don't come out with a new improved version, or reduce the price, as I have now just bought a used one off EBay...

Si.

Good afternoon everyone,

Blister contacted me this afternoon regarding the Super Precision Chuck, so I thought I would reply here to let everybody know what is happening.

I am sorry to say that the Super Precision Chuck has been discontinued and we now have no stock left although production of the backplate will continue. As you may have noticed Axminster are starting to manufacture more items in the UK instead of importing. The next item we want to bring back to the UK is the Super Precision Chuck. We are hoping that the new version of the chuck will be launched in the first quarter of 2012.

Our stocks of the Super Precision Chuck didn't last as long as we had hoped as sales have been very strong during the last few months.

As soon as I receive any details I will be sure to let you all know, in the mean time please take a look at the brand new accessory mounting jaw we will soon be stocking.
web_icon_madein_axminster.gif

951362_xl.jpg

951362_inset2_xl.jpg

951362_inset1_xl.jpg

Regards,

Richard

Glad to here that you intend to bring the production back to the UK, if the quality of fit and performance matches those produced in the early days of the inset APTC logo then they will still be the one for all others to match in my book.

Mine is still going strong after some 15 yrs. and some 6 yrs in use by me.

Good news on the chuck and the marking on the carriers like that is excellent and will save me having to do it in future, I dont suppose they are coming down in price as well. :-D

john

spasm":839tio1m said:
:( I thought they were produced in the uk.

spasm

The originals were, I think that production moved elsewhere when the package deal sets appeared in cases, at least that was my impression because there was a visible difference for a while between physical finish (as well as pricing) between the 'individuals' on the shelves and 'packaged' items.

I suspect like many other companies Axminster are finding that there are considerable costs involved in maintaining 'overseas' quality and in the current climate and echange rates it's just as economical long term to get the job done right in the UK.

As the chuck I have bought has no backplate, can anybody tell me what size cap heads (I presume) come with the chuck?

Thanks

Simon.

knappers":hs10zmt8 said:
As the chuck I have bought has no backplate, can anybody tell me what size cap heads (I presume) come with the chuck?

Thanks

Simon.
Mine, bearing in mind it's an older model, has 8mm X 25Lmm UNC (1.25mm pitch threads) Cap Screws, Spec. LF 8R ? (not to clear)

Back