Ooh! I like Iroko!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

never heard of it before, but the bloke I buy my blanks from said to give it a go... it's lovely to turn and finishes beautifully!

iroko.jpg

Hi Roohster,

That does look nice. :D

Iroko is used a lot for garden furniture, I made some folding chairs from it. Oiling does produces a very good looking job.

How about adding your web site address to your profile so there is a button to remind me to look at it? 8)

Chas,

Just seen your new turnings. :D

The knob, I like, makes the pot more business like. 8)

Looks to me that the platters are getting thinner. :shock:

DaveL":20zpbvfb said:

How about adding your web site address to your profile so there is a button to remind me to look at it? 8)

Great idea, thanks Dave!

Thanks Dave, still adding to it at the moment....
but I googled it yesterday and it appeared :D huzzah!

Another question folks;
if I want to make the bowls "food safe", for fruit or whatever, what oil can I use as a finish?

roohster":3frp3dgf said:
Thanks Dave, still adding to it at the moment....
but I googled it yesterday and it appeared :D huzzah!

Another question folks;
if I want to make the bowls "food safe", for fruit or whatever, what oil can I use as a finish?

Hi roohster, I often use walnut oil. The cheapest I've found it is in a well stocked grocery store. It's the same as sold for "turning finish".

The iroko bowl, btw, is beautiful!

I often use walnut oil

I was going to use this on a babies rattle till i read somewhere to be carefull because some people are chronically alergic to nuts. I've used olive oil before, it works but apparently it breaks down after a while and can smell. There are a number of food safe / toy sofe oils available, I belive Terry from chesnut has a few - I must get round to checking out his Irish supplier and trying some of them.

Les

Back