Rutlands - Tornado Router Bits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought that particular set recently but have only used one bit for 6 drawers in 3/4" birch ply - not a great test but it all worked fine

Hi

I have used these Tornado Router Bits in the past, I have had no problems using them in softwood, they seem fairly good quality.

Mark

thanks for the comments / advice.

i'm glad i waited now as Rutlands latest email has made up my mind to buy offering extra 10% discount and free delivery. :lol:

I have these. You need to have something to prevent breakout at the back when doing the rails.. (or is it stiles?) anyway when doing the endgrain part.

Also the raised panel cutter didn't fit in my router table as it's 3.5" and the opening on my table is only 3".

however they do work well, and you can knock up whole batches of doors / drawers very fast.

I am not sure what the edge facing piece is for, or how it fits into the whole scheme, as i have seen no examples where it's been used. If anyone has any pictures, that might help.

Have used individual tornado cutters and find them to work well. The other bonus is that the glossy finish does seem to make then easier to clean and keep clean IMHO.

On a similar theme has anyone used the Tornado tounge and groove set. Thinking of buying.

Kev

Yes I have the same set and brought to in a previous sale for same price. I have been told this brand of cutters can need shims more then other brands, these are supplied but i personally haven't yet needed to shim.

Back