Off-Cuts Box

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neil-glad you like 'em!
Tim,
Just an anglepoise lamp on my bench. They come out nice-i don't use the flash, which helps. And I put the camera on a tripod.
Cheers
Philly :D

Tim,

I take all my workshop pictures without flash (as it tends to wash out the nice colour and warmth of wood). I like to use flourescent, rather than incandescent lights (e.g. a light bulb) and then I set the white balance on the camera to "flourescent" and it takes off the blue cast automatically. Setting the white balance on the camera, to the light source, has a tremendous effect on the pictures, it automatically removes the orange glow of a bulb, or a blue tint of a flourescent tube.

Oooh, almost forgot, I also take nearly all pictures on a tripod as well!

Adam

Tripod, no flash and, whenever possible, natural daylight for me. My tripod's become the most used tool in my workshop. #-o :lol:

Philly, nice box, chum. But could you do me a favour? Stop being so flaming productive! It makes me feel bad. :oops: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Sorry, M'Lady. Been a bit of a good woody, recently. Actually finishing stuff. Lowering the tone a bit. Do apologise....... 8-[
Promise to try and chill things out a bit...... (maybe :wink: )
Phillyductive :D

Lovely work, Philly :)

What are the dimensions - 1/2-inch stock, or a bit thicker?

Pete
Sorry-the sides/front/back are 12mm and the lid is just over 20mm. Didn't head for a particular dimension-just thicknessed out machine marks and planed it smooth.
Sycamore is a lovely timber to work-am now on the look out for more air dried stock locally!
Cheers
Philly :D

Back