A kind of all-time hiii...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ikisumu

Established Member
Reaction score
I spotted this on a shelf of a discount store. I decided to buy it on the spot. And now I want to share it with all of you.

It is called a "Jack plane". I assure you, everything is absolutely out-of-the-box.

I have never ever before seen anything even remotely like this.

I can't do anything for it at all. There is no single working detail in it. Nothing. Even the screw thread tolerances are so loose (or filled with that black goo) that there is actually no screw thread tolerances at all.

001No4JackPlaneloota.jpg

002No4JackPlaneloota.jpg

003No4JackPlanepohja.jpg

004No4JackPlaneter-petisovitus.jpg

005No4JackPlanesyvyysst.jpg

018No4JackPlanekitast2.jpg

006No4JackPlanekitast.jpg

020No4JackPlanekitast3.jpg

021No4JackPlaneter-tekkeli.jpg

010No4JackPlanesivuttaisst.jpg

018No4JackPlanesyvyysst2.jpg

013No4JackPlanepeti3.jpg

019No4JackPlanepetitaustapuoli.jpg

015No4JackPlanerunko2.jpg

017No4JackPlanerunko4.jpg

016No4JackPlanerunko3.jpg

007No4JackPlaneternpidin.jpg

024No4JackPlanetakakahva.jpg

And so on.

I want to hug my wooden planes tightly and tell them that everything is allright.

Samu

It says on the box "Quality the World Prefers". I think they are probably too many people seem to be happy with poor quality.

Hi,

My god thats bad, very bad, very very bad.

Pete

if thats what is being reffered to nowa days as "quality" ide hate to see what THEY classify s a s**t piece...

thats astounding how they can market that at 15 euros too...

I would have taken it back and said "im sorry, but this is false advertising, it clearly says quility, of which the boxes contents are so far from i couldn't posibly even begin to explain to you"

Sammy

Beats me, Philly.

It would also make an outrageous prize for some dingbat competition at work. The first prize will be one of those. The second prize will be two of those.

Guys, I really want to speak for good tools on my behalf, no matter who makes them and where. I want to somehow contribute so that for example if some kid who wants to try working with wood, he wouldn't ever get anything like that from his parents, or any other people. I know it can be a tall order, but still.

Samu

Edit, english is difficult...

I can't see what the problem is :? , at least it's not made out of wood 8)

oops, I'll get my coat :D

I can only see the "before" pictures - haven't you restored it yet?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ikisumu":2p9rcxg8 said:
I spotted this on a shelf of a discount store. I decided to buy it on the spot. And now I want to share it with all of you.

It is called a "Jack plane". I assure you, everything is absolutely out-of-the-box.
Samu

Well researched obviously named from the English expression i.e
"That plane of yours is worth jack dung"

Wasn't that duty already reserved for Stanley #55?

billw":1qvnqrg5 said:
The barcode suggests that was made in Finland :?

Hell No! :shock:

Samu

woodbloke":2kvvll4f said:
I think something could be done with it 8-[ ...not sure what though? - Rob

Oh, i'm sure it'd make a good sink for a fishing line. Besides that i don't think it's much to be done with it.

Makes me want to go hug my new (terrible, but a gem when i look at this) Stanley...

Ikisumu":1wzul3r9 said:

Well, that´s a nice piece of junk! Every minute you spend on this "tool" is lost, even the time to disassemble it ... No chance to get it in usable condition.

Thanks for sharing it! A good warning for others!

Klaus

Latest posts

Back