Table - not MDF!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having seen the forget-me-not table in the flesh I can vouch that it is every bit as superb as it appears in the pictures. The finish on the top is exceptionally fine and I could not see that the top was other than a single board - until I saw the pictures above. IMO the sharp, clean lines are just right for this piece.

Cheers,

Trev.

Well Done Tim
Great looking bench!
As to child friendly-as long as it doesn't have spikes they soon get used to it.
Cheers
Philly :D

Hi Adam

Firstly, let me repeat that I think it is a beautiful piece.

Adam said:
I do hope you are joking :shock: And spoil those nice lines./quote]

I love the lines but as I mentioned I was concerned about the taper on the ends.

I think it's just me being overly sensitive where children are concerned. From the photographs they look as though they could do some damage if a child ran into them.

But, as I said, I love the piece and it was not meant to be a criticism just a suggestion.

Cheers
Neil

Tim, I love it. A beautiful piece that has a talking point built in.

Neil, I am not so sure about making things child-friendly. I know exactly what you mean but I also think, in general, we are going too far. Children need to learn that some things hurt if you run into them. If we do too much to stop them getting hurt we will all be agreeing with the kind of philosophy that says cut down trees in case the nuts fall on the little ones - absolute madness!
However, I digress. Children in the house = take care with all things. No children in the house = go with your first thoughts and design whatever lights your candle. In this case a damn good looking piece of furniture.
Nice one, Tim.

SF

Tim

Really good piece of furniture, the feature of the grain is lovely and I'm glad there's someone else that likes the feature of knots.

Well done.

Back