Spindle moulder cutter block

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinWiggs

Reaction score
Hello. First time poster - I've searched the archives but can't find an answer...

I have just acquired a Kity 627 spindle moulder. It has a 20mm bore spindle. Can I get a universal cutter block for it, so I can use a wider variety of cutters?

What sort of block do I need? I've looked at the Whitehill/Euro ones, but they seem to have a bore of 30mm or 1&1/4 inch.

Grateful for any help.

Thanks.

Robin

Or call Whitehill and order a normal block with some top hats to take the bore of the block down to your spindle size . Should cost about £12 a pair .

Thanks for the replies. I'll phone tomorrow.

Is there anything I need to know in terms of the diameter of the block? The spindle moulder is single speed I think - so presumably the large the diameter the faster the speed of the cutter?

RobinWiggs":1772431y said:
Thanks for the replies. I'll phone tomorrow.

Is there anything I need to know in terms of the diameter of the block? The spindle moulder is single speed I think - so presumably the large the diameter the faster the speed of the cutter?

Your going to be limited to the size of block which the machine can spin up.
Mention block size with NMA when you phone them, they'll give you all the info.

Whitehill will also give you the same advice but without limiting you to kitty products that are probably made by them anyway :roll: If you go for a 30mm bore 30mm , 40mm x 100mm alu block that should cover you for most off the peg cutters to start with and the light block wont be a problem with the machine ( not that i know your machine but have put steel blocks in the lowest rated spindle known to man and still used it )
Spindle tooling is not cheap so you may aswell buy 30mm bore stuff you can top hat or sleeve down to your spindle size incase you upgrade to a newer machine . I wouldnt try and put a 1 1/4" bore on a 20mm spindle myself but thats just me .

Looking back through an old Kity catalogue the only 20mm bore block they did was 68mm (unlimited) so a 100mm block may give you problems with long knives. At one time the fences on some of their machines only allowed 140mm tooling so measure the hood and appature in the bed of the machine and deduct at least 50mm to get your block dia.

Jason

You can get a 78mm x 40mm x 30mm bore limited block . I have one myself .

Back