Turning Time in 2009

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tulsk, will try and remember to take some pics. next batch, going for a much simplified design with the next lot as those in the past have been rather over engineered and time consuming.

J.T. Guess she would be an Arm-oured individual, no they are for various customers and a fund raising event.

Andrew, The purple Heart and Padauk contrast is a request even after warnings it can change colour, personally high contrast segments are not my favorite, personal preference is for distinctive figuring of complimentary woods but customers/recipients rule.

______
________Just a follower of fashion._______________Click on images for larger view.
______
________ __________
____________Cherry (bowl 135mm)___________________What no foot?.

Very nice Chas but you forgot to do the back :lol: :lol:

No glue eh? did the holding on involve screws and sawing the ends(with the screw holes in) off after?

JT

johnny.t.":kaf1mzrc said:
No glue eh? did the holding on involve screws and sawing the ends(with the screw holes in) off after?

No, but would have been a lot easier, have already filed " leave legs longer" for next cutting session for that very method..

Playing with a vacuum chuck?
Between centres? Could be done but a lot of fiddling to clean the cebntre of the bowl up afterwards

Pete

Very nice Chas. :D
The Cherry though i don't think as the same effect as what the Labby does,for me.
Did you hold it on with some form of button jaws :? :?:
Or did you just take the piccy before you turned it :lol:

Bodrighy":20ppc06w said:
Playing with a vacuum chuck?
I wish, but my investigations to date/personal standards preclude one from this years budget I'm afraid.

Bodrighy":20ppc06w said:
Between centres?
Only tailstock for bowl centre alignment not whilst turning.

Paul.J":20ppc06w said:
Did you hold it on with some form of button jaws
Close, the Cole jaws were used as a backing for finishing but not in compression mode.

Paul.J":o4jmelo5 said:
How about a pin chuck and the hole plugged after :?:

Nope, no holes in the rear face at all, the only hole was for a screw chuck in the bowlside face.

______
________And another one._______________Click on images for larger view.
______
________ __________
____________Cherry (bowl 135mm)

This one still needs a couple of short feet to level it up.

Vey nice Chas :D :?
What finish have you put on the bark :?:

Well i give up as to how you have held them both,but it must be some sort of button jaws with extended buttons to perhaps hold the three straight edges you have :?: :?
Or have you come up with some new holding device :idea:

Paul.J":38o7at1x said:
What finish have you put on the bark :?:
Cellulose sealer and woodwax22, the latter well brushed out to prevent trapped white deposits.

Paul.J":38o7at1x said:
Well i give up as to how you have held them both,but it must be some sort of button jaws with extended buttons to perhaps hold the three straight edges you have :?: :?
Very Close.

Just after seeing this on the Family Woodworking ( US ) site - Both are stunning, I couldn't imagine being able to put one down !!!!

Loz

____________Initial Mounting & Cut_________Bark sealed just to help keep it intact
_________
_________ ___
____________Turn it round_________________Turn the Bowl & finish. (note the odd dab of hot-melt to the clamps on this heavier one.)
_________
_________ ___
_________Hand finish Border and polish off lathe__Spruce up Bark with Domed Brush and soft wax.

Latest posts

Back