Veritas Plane Review - Part Ten. Low Angle Spokeshave

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Further to Robs post we will support any exchange here to save you the post and time to Canada. Just mail me directly.

Martin

BriMarc

Martin - that is extremely generous - thank you for the offer. Don't worry, I think some judicious 'roughing' of the bearing surfaces has solved the problem for me...

Slight delay on the plane blade pictures folks - I've been hit by a 'New Year's tidying frenzy', which has led to the equivalent of about 3 sheets of 3/4" ply offcuts that were cluttering my workshop being transformed into a set of modular shop cabinets. Today was finish painting the interiors and drilling 220 (!! :roll: ) shelf support holes before carcass assembly...

Darn -I love feeling 'efficient' when making a set of objects, but I hate the feeling of moving from a skilled craft to a repetitive jig operator: square shelf hole jig to base of side piece: clamp jig: insert drill until depth stop hits jig: remove drill: look at remaining stack of sides and whimper in bored 'a fool could do this' frustration...Continue for another hour... :?

Ah well, fun assembly/filling them with workshop contents tomorrow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back