Hello

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alf":3vtgvk9g said:
Can I boringly recommend Uploadit again? Twenty images hosted free, but pretty reasonable yearly rate too for unlimited pics. No affiliation etc etc
Thanks Adam. Nice job, Travis. :D
Cheers, Alf

Can I reccomend www.pbase.com - cheap to use, very easy to direct link to, and generates 3 smaller images from your originals, so you can add images with a "click here for larger image" link, without it taking any extra effort. Pbase takes care of all the resizing etc. In all the time I've been using it, I can't remember it going offline. No affiliation yada yada yada...

Adam

I would second Adam's praise of Pbase. I started using it on his recommendation and it's great.

John

Edit. Forgot to say that I like the table. What is the finish?

Thanks to everyone who got the pic up and running and a special thanks to Adam for the link to PBase. I will try to transfer some pics.
Travis

As we're recommending photo storage sites, I've been using fototimefor a few years now and I can recommend them. Comes with some decent free software too which sync's your photos effortlessly (plus other features). About the same price as pbase I think, but I preferred the security and linking features - very advanced.
Another reason I've stuck with them is the support they offer, second to none. Of course like pbase they used to be free ...
And nice work there Travis.
Cheers
Gidon
(Also meant to add, the syncing software has excellent features for compressing and resizing your files on sync - so without altering your original pics you can store 100's of photos with the 250mb of storage.)

gidon":1ke8j5lw said:
As we're recommending photo storage sites, I've been using fototimefor a few years now and I can recommend them. Comes with some decent free software too which sync's your photos effortlessly (plus other features). About the same price as pbase I think, but I preferred the security and linking features - very advanced.
Another reason I've stuck with them is the support they offer, second to none. Of course like pbase they used to be free ...
And nice work there Travis.
Cheers
Gidon
(Also meant to add, the syncing software has excellent features for compressing and resizing your files on sync - so without altering your original pics you can store 100's of photos with the 250mb of storage.)

PBase allows you to maintain copyright on your pictures - something which doesn't happen with some sites - you need to read the small print. Also, Pbase lets you delete the originals, so, like fototime, you can have a massive number of images within the 200MB allocation. (I've had 1GB of images on, and it never complained!

Adam

Adam":1wzc7b3u said:
PBase allows you to maintain copyright on your pictures ...

So does Fototime (if I've read the small print right) :wink:.

Best for people to try them out - it's a personal thing more than anything. Fototime has a 30 day trial ...

Cheers

Gidon

Blimey Taffy, xmas emoticons already!! I thought it was bad enough when I went into our local Homebase yesterday and they had xmas lights twinkling all over the place.

John

Devonwoody wrote:
One warning that ought to be posted about our friends over the pond is never let your wives purchase any knickers when in the USA,

One Yank and there off.

On a similar note, you should never wear Russian underpants because Chernobyl fallout... :D

cheers,
Andy

Johnboy":791gx0bw said:
Blimey Taffy, xmas emoticons already!! I thought it was bad enough when I went into our local Homebase yesterday and they had xmas lights twinkling all over the place.

John

Yeah - sorry 'bout that. I was looking through the available emoticons and got carried away! :oops:

Andy wrote
you should never wear Russian underpants because Chernobyl fallout...
Aaaah, that takes me back to my youth :wink:

Welcome Travis,
We're glad to have you aboard the good ship Venus( related pun intended)
:oops: :roll:

TX

TX
I haven't heard the good ship venus for 55 years and I can't remember the words. Better not publish it though Alf might wake up. Better make it a pm
Believe it or not I was introduced to the prose on childrens radio being sung as a melody. I recall the radio being switched off just when I was getting interested :roll: :roll:

Chernobyl got me thinking for a while, I always pronounced the "o" as OH. then the penny dropped.

Back