Broadband for dummies

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Andy, thanks. I think. Now I know how Normites feel when I point them to The Old Tools List... :shock:

Pete, that's very helpful. Thank you.

Cheers, Alf

Well, I rang nice Mrs BT who reckons I can go with BT, keep my address, for £2.50 extra (can't remember if one off or extra per month).

Noel

Check out Firefly (www.fireflyuk.net). I went with them and have been really pleased with them. I got the 1Mb connection without modem (can buy one for a tenner on the web) and its great. Just like the proverbial of the shovel.
Personally I wouldn't touch BT. I was with them for years on dialup and I could never really find anything good to say about them. Was mightly pleased to be able to tell them to "naff off".
The modem rip off is one to beware of. They will insist you use their modem, charge extra per month for it and you end up paying between £80 to £100 for something you can get for a tenner. They also lock you in for a full twelve months so you can't get out if they are rubbish.

Yep, no limits. When I signed up it was #1, major plus for me. :wink:

Edited to point out that also can use your own modem (not sure if I made that obvious before) and then the lock in is only three months so can get out quickly if you don't like them. :)

Latest posts

Back