Kity 419 Sliding Table Enhancement

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Ed

Established Member
Reaction score
Any fellow Kity 419 users know the true pain of walking into the sharp end of the sliding table extrusion, or worse still standing up underneath the corner of it, having bent down to pick something up?

I've been meaning to do something about it for years and finally got round to it today. You may recognise that part of the concept is lifted from a similar fitting on Felder machines. I also added a couple of pencil slots as I thought they would be useful. Its held on with the captive nut that was supplied as the original end stop, fitting into the slot in the extrusion.

Worked out quite well, its another of those jobs I am now wondering why I didn't do it sooner. Don't know if this would be any use on other makes of saw, but I'd certainly reccommend it to Kity 419 users.

2581909350_3e555477f2.jpg

2581912576_d789b97124.jpg

Cheers, Ed.

Looks like a useful improvement to me.

Mind you, I'll bet the first time you do walk into it you knock the pencil on the floor and then curse the broken lead :lol: :lol:

regards

Brian

Ed - very dinky :lol: :lol: ...will have to do the same on mine, wish I had a beer for every time I've caught by back on that sticky-out corner :x - Rob

Good idea, Ed. Just the other day I took a file to my extension table to round over the sharp corners because I'd had enough of bruises.

Sadly, I don't have enough space in my workshop to add a buffer exactly like yours, but I feel moved to do something.

Gill

another kity user here who has skinned my back, arm, tummy, bottom, leg and head on that sharpe ended sliding table plate.

:?

funny thing is it doesn't matter how careful you are or how much you try to avoid it, it always gets you.

last time was across the back of my right hand :twisted: and it BLOODY hurt.

I`ll be doing one of these soon....

Steve

Can't recall ever having bashed into mine :D

I'd be tempred to counter bore the bolt head, may catch the face of a large sheet of board passing over it.

Jason

Jason

I agree, the head of the bolt definitely wants to be counter-bored, I just didn't have the right size forstner bit. I will be making that change once I have passed the tool shop and picked up the right size.

Ed

EdSutton":3qro4h2a said:
Jason

I agree, the head of the bolt definitely wants to be counter-bored, I just didn't have the right size forstner bit. I will be making that change once I have passed the tool shop and picked up the right size.

Ed

router bit ?

This looks very professional, well done. :wink: I guess it also makes it easier to slide the table back again as you can pull it like a handle - just like on the huge industrial panel saws. :)

OPJ":p6xwyqry said:
I guess it also makes it easier to slide the table back again as you can pull it like a handle - just like on the huge industrial panel saws. :)

Good thinking but the table moves not the rail.

The bolt head is now counter-bored which looks neater. This is really for cosmetic reasons, as any board on the sliding table would always be on the other side of the fence, so in no real danger of getting scratched passing over the bolt head - anyway its done and looks better.

I won't bother posting a new picture as it looks the same but with the bolt slightly lower!

Ed

Latest posts

Back