In search of a particular glue bottle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBoyd

Established Member
Reaction score
I use here on my course a glue bottle that is rather useful, but I'll be blown if I can find one to buy for myself!

I do not have a photo but will take one on Friday, but here goes for a description:

One side is the glue well white plastic square in shape with a round lid to top up with new glue (150mm high), the glue from here flows into the section where a glue brush sits, so the glue brush is always in fresh glue.
To stop the glue from drying out, there is a yellow plastic piece which covers the brush and seals onto the main plastic sssembly. This yellow piece is the shape of an upside down ice cream come (the ones with a half ball at the top and below a cone). The round piece of this mates with the main assembly to produce a nice seal, the cone end hold the brush at the required angle to be in the glue.

It works a treat and the glue never dries out on the brush, and so it is always ready to go.

Anyone recognise what I'm talking about and recommend a supplier?

It is a German brand (more details Friday) and was originally bought from Lamello in Belgium - but no luck there.

Any grey cells stirring?

mmmmm... rather complicate gizmo ! do you mean something like this ?

Look forward to your pic :D !

Mantra

Can you try again with the link. Seems to give a not allowed problem - but hey thanks for the reply

It really is wonderfully simple device, ah for the picture - 100 words n all that!

Andy,

Think a picture would be good. It sounds like something I, and no doubt others, would find very handy.

Rgds

Noel

That's it exactly, albeit I don't believe the text when it says it has a 9 litre capacity for glue (2 gallons!)

Here's hoping Wales can get 3 points tonight eh?

Cheers

AndyBoyd":1yjdbm2w said:
Here's hoping Wales can get 3 points tonight eh?

Pardon?

Rgds

Noel

AndyBoyd":exipa0np said:
I don't believe the text when it says it has a 9 litre capacity for glue (2 gallons!)
:lol: Hadn't noticed that. If that container takes 2 gallons, that's one heck of a brush !!!

Noel just noticed your a Celtic brother, I'm listening on the net at the moment 2-2, 5 mins to go or so - everthings crossed.

Nothing intended Noel just saw a fellow Welshman on the board

2 - 2!!!!! And only 9 men too. Andy, I don't follow football and considering NI haven't won a match in 3 years nothing has changed. Wonder who they play next?

Rgds

Noel

Taffy Turner":2tl4rtyl said:
Last nights result - pile of poo!
Oh I dunno... :p

Funny; I'm sure there was something about glue bottles mentioned round here... (I know, I know. "Pot", "kettle" and "black" spring to mind :oops: )

Cheers, Alf

Back