Nu Tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi

Anyone have any experience of Nu Tool quality? I need a sabre saw, mainly to remove a small tree - if it survives that it will be a bonus. Seen a Nu Tool one in Makro for very silly money.

Dave

Hi Dave, I own a number of NuTool tools and machines and out of the many 'budget' type tools on the market I've always found them to be reliable. If you want to do one job then if it's silly money get it, if it breaks take it back and complain, get a refund, or, depending on how thick this small tree is, invest in a Speed cut Pruning Saw from Axminster, £8.71, I've cut down many a small tree with these saws, fast, easy and keeps you fit ;) Stock Number: F8602 http://www.axminster.co.uk/default.asp?part=F8602

Most of the Performance Power tools in B&Q are Nutool. They make (import) a number of tools rebadged under various names.

dave dont bother the wife got me one its quicker with a hand saw i tried to cut 2x2 pine so slow they recomend you use a sawing action at the same time , and yes i did plug it in and switched it one :p ps it makes a good door stop :roll:

frank":ijvbsbcx said:
dave dont bother the wife got me one its quicker with a hand saw i tried to cut 2x2 pine so slow they recomend you use a sawing action at the same time , and yes i did plug it in and switched it one :p ps it makes a good door stop :roll:

Thanks Frank. I bought the JCB version from Argos for £30 and I'm very impressed with it!

I'd reccommened it!

Dave

Magician,

I agree with the general concensus about Nutool. They're one of the more robust badge-engineered brands, and for normal DIY use, you can't really go wrong for the money.

Good buy,

Ike

Back