zyliss vice stuff for harbo

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

engineer one

Established Member
Reaction score
hi mate, couldn't find my instruction book yet, so thought now i can upload photos, at least i can show what is in the latest kit.

th_zylissviceparts3.jpg
[/url]

the first one shows what you get in the box now in the latest incarnation.
i think JML sell it these days, but only at certain kinds of exhibitions, for instance ideal home etc. sold by a rather large gentleman who seems to think of ways to use it.

you get two mounting brackets which hold the vice part. they clip on, and clamp to your base. you can reverse them, as well as the vice jaws. also one of the vice jaws is static, and the other can be moved by both the thread, but also a quick release mechanism.

there are 3 kinds of vice jaws including ally ones. also a drill holder, plus two kind of centres so you can use it as a kind of lathe.
in addition there is another end stop so you can hold wood vertically along the side of the vice.

although it is quite expensive, it is not a bad piece of kit, and has the advantage that you can remove it from the bench, or use it elsewhere.

if you need any more details let me know

paul :wink: [/img]

engineer one":1o6uf83e said:
I think JML sell it these days, but only at certain kinds of exhibitions, for instance ideal home etc. sold by a rather large gentleman who seems to think of ways to use it.
Is that the guy with the bushy beard? If so he must have been flogging them since the patent ran out in the 1980s

Scrit

i think these days its more like a father christmas beard, but yes i remember his selling it in the days that jeremy broun used to use one, and how long ago is that??? :?

paul :wink:

Thanks Paul - I have been away for a few days - Wow what a lot to catch up on - this is on the 4th page!!

I have printed out the photos which should help me indentify the bits I hope?
The trouble is when I cleared out my Dad's stuff it was a matter of boxing things up as best and as quick as I could, so lots of things got mixed up.
Still finding things now and he dead 3 years ago!

Cheers

Rod

Latest posts

Back