scrollsaw Blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scroller frank

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
just a thought :) ,--------------
why is it that we , ( I ) , carry on using a dull blade to try to get to the
end of a cut,when you know you should change it , and the b$%*^y thing always brakes 1/2" from the end of the line ???
i might just as well changed it when it stoped cutting!!! :oops:
----------or is it just me ?-----------
----------Frank--------------

Could it be that we're miserly and don't want to start using a new blade when it's possible that our next project might require a different type of blade? I never know what to do with a blade that's still got lots of life in it but isn't brand new. Such blades normally get left at the side of the saw and then I forget what sort of blade they are and they end up getting thrown out or I accidentally knock them onto the floor and they get lost or... they just seem to never be used again despite my half-hearted attempts to be thrifty :roll: :) .

Or it could be that the characteristics of a blade change slightly as a cut progresses and the blade loses its potency? We get used to the way a blade is performing and don't like having to get used to another one, just for the sake of completing a cut.

And yes, Frank, you're right. If a blade's going to break it always does so just before the end of a long, intricate cut so you're left with a substantial length of material dangling from a very fine bridge which has to be held in place while you fiddle around trying to insert your new blade with the other hand. I'm pleased it's not just me this happens to :) !

Gill

And yes, Frank, you're right. If a blade's going to break it always does so just before the end of a long, intricate cut so you're left with a substantial length of material dangling from a very fine bridge which has to be held in place while you fiddle around trying to insert your new blade with the other hand. I'm pleased it's not just me this happens to :) !

Why should Scrollers have an easier life than any other hobbyist :lol:
Just part of lifes rich challenge, I mean how could we get through life without having to try and remove a broken thread tap from that last hole to be tapped or trying that part used hacksaw blade that really was of no use last time we took it out of the frame.

And don't you just love it when the new blade won't fit in the existing kerf :roll:

Ok all,
whilst we are at it ,:------ :D
why do we save that broken drill bit or that cheapo re chargeable drill/driver that won't re charge ?and all those too short, offcuts-- what am i going to do with 1/2 a million 6""pieces of 19 mm tong & ? groove ? !!
make clothes pegs ?------------ cheap "jet" cut saws --- why have i got 3 of them ? they are made to be thrown away when they are worn out !!!! why don't i just bin them? :roll: :roll:
there must be loads of other bits that are pretty useless just taking up space !!
got to go now, :oops:
------------------- just going to throw out some valuable rubish!!!------------
-----------Frank---------

I hardly ever break a blade when cutting jigsaw puzzles. I change the blade after about half an hour of cutting, before it gets too blunt to introduce errors into the work.

Latest posts

Back