baby safe finish?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Careful with the finish as some baby wipes (if you use them) contain nice chemicals which will fetch oil and grease off your skin when you have been working on the car, they may also have the same effect on your finnish :shock:

Bean

DaveL":tedbrrkz said:
Alf, I just saw another pig fly by. :wink:
Hah! Wanna bet? I was a mere babe in arms (9 months old - everyone go "Ahhhhhhhhh") when the series finished. :p :lol:

Bean, good point indeed. Shoulda thought of that myself - the well equipped rust hunter is never without a packet of same to remove the evidence before the Powers That Be start asking awkward questions. :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Bean":2k3ognlz said:
they may also have the same effect on your finnish :shock:
Bean

No, no, no, it's not Finnish, it's Norwegian. :wink:

"If you hadn't nailed it to the door handle, it'd be pushing up the daisies".

Wasn't it Not The Nine O'clock News that said "Whenever more than two are gathered together, they shall recite The Parrot Sketch" ? :lol:

Cheers,
Barry[/quote]

Hi Barry

Yes it was Not The Nine O'Clock News, in a sketch where the General Synod were being criticized for their film 'The Life Of Monty Python', due to the similarities in it and the 'comic messiah' John Cleese; same initials as Jesus Christ, died on stage for us (many times) and, according to the sketch, went off to run a hotel in Torbay, dangerously close to Torquay, site of Cleese's finest hour. (For those who don't remember, this was a reversal of the real situation where, at about the time, the Monty Python team were in trouble for their film 'The Life of Brian')

Yes, Python was just a little before my time, Not The Nine O'Clock News was much more part of my teenage years and the records and tapes of it were played ad infinitum!

Just don't start me on the 'Constable Savage' sketch!

terry whats the( constable savage sketch ) i think its old age its slipped my mind ,or is it that long ago :D owww gone tell us please pretty please.

Constable Savage - Arresting a chap for wearing a loud shirt in a built up area! :lol:
And "Sorry sir, was that your hedgehog?"

Remember him well.

But to avoid Charley from moving us to a dark forum somewhere else...

I personally would probably slap on (sorry for the swearing) some varnish from the local DIY shop.
You will only use the unit for a short time and I'd say you'll be surprised how rarely too. If it's the type where you stand side-on to the baby to change a nappy, it'll rapidly become a sideboard. :wink:
Actually, another thing to consider is what you want to do with it at the end of its useful life. You may want to keep it as a permament reminder of those smelly little moments. If you wish to recycle the timber into something else, then you probably want a finish that can be easily removed.

"This is my theory, ahem, that is to say, the theory that is mine"
Cheers,
Barry

Back