Problems with inverter

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this exact problem with an Axminster CT150 planner at my old house. It would more often than not trip the 30mA RCD in the house when it was switched on.
My solution was to take a separate feed independent of the house consumer unit (via an isolation switch) into the workshop and have a separate workshop consumer unit with its own RCD. This totally solved the problem.
BTW, I also have a Record CL4 and have never had this problem, although I do have a dedicated supply run to my new workshop with its own RCD.

NOTE: Both solutions require electrical knowledge and shouldn't be attempted unless you are confident in what you are doing. (I did train as an electrician many years ago before swapping trades to become a computer technician).

PPS, Talking of the CL4, do you know how to access its programming? I know it is capable of having increased speed, reverse and reduced ramp down times.
Despite my badgering Record wouldn't tell me how to do it (who can blame them) so does anyone know how to access this on the Telemechanique?

Thanks for the advice guys.

I am planning to get a sparky in to look at this soon - it is just that when you talk to a "domestic" spark over the phone, most of them sound clueless as soon as they hear the words "inverter, variable speed drive" etc.

As regards changing the parameters, I'm sorry I don't know how. I am not sure about wanting to increase the top speed (!), but reverse and a shorter ramp down time would certainly be useful. Although I have to wonder , if these are just program settings, why Record do not put them in as standard, as surely most users would want them?

Have you tried searching for Telemecanique's website - there may be some information on there about how to do it, or failing that they may have a customer support function via email that may be able to help.

if these are just program settings, why Record do not put them in as standard

It has to do with EU Type approval for that particular product. These settings aren't just rumors this came from Record. I was talking to one of their technical bods and he told me what goodies were in the setup.
As for the reverse feature, they disabled it because most of the chucks used on the Record lathe would unscrew in reverse mode. (If you look at the on switch it does move left (Reverse) and right (On/Forward).

Back