Pin-end blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodmagnet

Established Member
Reaction score
If anyone (like me) has a scroll-saw that only takes pin-end blades heres a couple of tips i was given by dale185 and lucky788 scroller over on the scrollsaw woodworking & crafts forum.
When doing inside cuts i had to use a 5.5mm drill bit which was/is too big for most of the patterns i looked at but i was then advised to grind some of the pin down until there was just enough to hold it in place or to carefully tap the pin out and use a safety pin to hold the blade after you put the blade through the wood. I have'nt tried the first tip yet but i've just been in the workshop and thought i'd try the second idea out, it works! It took the drill bit size from 5.5mm down to 2.5mm. :D

Pin-end blades are quite common and I'm sure lots of people will find this tip useful. Thanks for posting :) .

Gill

This will also help me, thanks.

I must admit, I have not been near the saw for a while because of the hassle
of changing the blade. https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... hp?t=11581

To have to undo the clamps and redo them...geezzz, It drives me mad.
Hence, one saw gathering and not making dust. :cry:

I seem to be able to control the cut better with the spiral blades, but the don't seem to make pin end ones.

RPM

Oh dear. I presume thisis the saw you use, RPM?

Sadly, not all saws are made equal and whilst the Perform might be inexpensive, it sounds as if it doesn't live up to its name :( . I doubt you'll be able to do very much about blade changing because we tend to be stuck with the manufacturer's blade clamps unless someone like Frank Pozsgai makes an alternative. Is there anything on his website that might help?

I don't know of anyone who manufactures pin-headed spiral blades.

Gill

Thanks for the link Gill. Yip that's the saw I have.

I will have a mooch on there to see if I can sort something. :D

RPM

Back