My first attempt at...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dog

Established Member
Reaction score
...making a Dove Cote :D

DoveC.jpg

Not turned out too bad even if I say so myself. 5' high, 2'8" wide, enough room for 4 pairs of garden doves to live and make hay while the sun shines :wink:

Thanks for all the help along the way!

Dog,
It looks great, you certainly must like doves! I seem to have quite enough of the noisy blighters without making them such a nice house.

How are you going to support it - on a thick post or something?

Hi Chris, it was designed to go on an 8" post because of its weight, 1" - 3/4" timber throughout, with a shaft up the middle so that the Cote had 30" of post inside it but now its going on top of an ash tree stump some 10' off the ground. To get it there we'll be standing in the bucket of a JCB, life is always interesting at my place :D

The roof is hinged above the two upper entrances so that the nesting area can be cleaned out. The entrances hinge open and are secured via hooks & eyes. I could find no plans online so I made it up as I went along, as it is it's worked out well :)

Dog,

Ooo, very smart. Kinda makes me wish I was a dove, as long as you could add on a workshop extension... :lol:

Cheers, Alf

:D
I've put in the Gallery for safe keeping, looks a little rough compared to the great projects in there but we all got to start somewhere :lol:

Looks great, Dog. Well done.

Now, with 4 pairs of doves, when they breed you'll probably get 12 - 16 new doves, and when they breed...........!! :roll: etc., etc. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Better get making some more dovecotes! :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

:shock: :lol: That's a good point Trev, but if they breed I'll sell them to cover the cost of the Cote. These aren't ordinary doves, they are white fantails and hopefully they'll be happy in their new home :wink:

Back