table saws new cast iron models

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't even seen the Record or the Sip but had a good nosey at the Fox and for the money, about 700 dabs, was quite impressed with the finish and the sliding table. It was being assembled on the shop at the time so didn't actually see the finished item but it looks quite good value for money. Wonder about the Sip as it's about 300 quid cheaper.

Rgds

Noel

Hi Dev
I have had a tyre kick at both the saws. There was a recent post by someone who bought the Record on this site (you'll have to search i'm afraid). The SIP one was quite impressive for the money, although I havent used it. I'm waiting for magazine reviews on this myself.
regards,
Philly :D

Alf,
You are a star!
Yes, that was the one.
Many Thanks,
A lazy Philly :D

(by the way all-the search function is very handy. give it a go and try it out. :D )

Philly
I have tried the Record, (talked my way into a visit at Record HQ in Sheffield) :lol: , and I was so impressed.
I bought one, it arrives next week. I read Alf's review which started the interest in one (thanks Alf :D ) I opted for the sliding carriage as well which will suit the type of work I have planned. I've looked at the other tables, Jet, Scheppach, Delta etc and for the money with 5 year warranty it takes some beating.
John
If the forum is interested I'll post some pics of the assemble process etc as it comes in a crate :eek:

Fixit":2izpwukz said:
I read Alf's review which started the interest in one (thanks Alf :D )
Just to clarify, definitely not my review. :shock: A table saw?! Oh, the horror... :shock: :shock: :shock: :wink:

Cheers, Alf

With reason to curse the Record Maxi again today. :roll:

Alf":1vm1f8jv said:
Fixit":1vm1f8jv said:
I read Alf's review which started the interest in one (thanks Alf :D )
Just to clarify, definitely not my review.

Ooops :oops: Sorry Alf, I've read one somewhere :? Now where the hell :twisted: was it?? Never mind I've bought it now :D :D
John

No worries, John. Just dread to think the stick I'd get if there was a suggestion I was a closet table saw fan. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Back