Face masks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lurker":27aj0d03 said:
Rorschach":27aj0d03 said:
ebola was a poor virus, it was too deadly for it's own good.

That statement would only be true if Ebola no longer existed.

I'll re-phrase:

Ebola is a poor virus, it is too deadly for it's own good.

We will never see an Ebola pandemic in the same way C19 or even just common flu. Ebola is too deadly, too quickly and as such is very easy to diagnose and contain. Africa, where diseases are very difficult to control for a whole host of reasons has had good success containing Ebola outbreaks, that shows you how "poor" of a virus it is.

Rorschach":25a6xcvs said:
lurker":25a6xcvs said:
Rorschach":25a6xcvs said:
ebola was a poor virus, it was too deadly for it's own good.

That statement would only be true if Ebola no longer existed.

I'll re-phrase:

Ebola is a poor virus, it is too deadly for it's own good.

We will never see an Ebola pandemic in the same way C19 or even just common flu. Ebola is too deadly, too quickly and as such is very easy to diagnose and contain. Africa, where diseases are very difficult to control for a whole host of reasons has had good success containing Ebola outbreaks, that shows you how "poor" of a virus it is.

I think your main problem is that you don't know what you don't know.

I am not on about "we" , I mean you.

I know enough (degree in microbiology and five years working in genetics) to be aware of my limitations.

Hi what do people think about the new law that's been in a few weeks now to do with face masks. I'm of an age now that I'm suppose to have a flue jab. I said to the nurse at our local GP that I didn't want the jab. I was told by the nurse that I'm selfish and irresponsible. she said this a few years ago. telling me how I'm putting the elderly at risk by not having a flue jab. I said don't I have a the chance to say if I want this flue jab or not. as its not law. She its not law but you are expected just to take the without complaint.
Now with the face mask. it says you can chose not to use a mask and you don't need a medical certificate from your doctor to say you are to ill to use one. but if you don't use a mask shop are refusing entry. Taking away the your option. (I thought it was the polices job to see if you are using a mask). the next problem is if the police are asked to step in. As we all no the police work on evidence and true facts. So you tell the police you a medical problem. as they want evidence and true facts they will ask for proof that are unable to use a mask. As you have no proof from your GP or anyone else that could provide that information. That only leaves the police with one option. that is to fine you or arrest you.

jonk65":1his3ex5 said:
Hi what do people think about the new law that's been in a few weeks now to do with face masks.

Scroll back and have a read of this thread and you will see a range of opinions from face masks not going far enough to being asked to wear one is a precursor to the enslavement of mankind.

I don't understand why they have made that we have to use face masks. they tell us the peak of the infection was in April and the same with the old peoples homes. Since then they tell us it dropping rapidly to date. A top scientist gets the results of who died from what each month. he said he seen this present outbreak on the list. He said the virus came about a quarter of the way up the death list. The next month he received the new list for that month. There wasn't anything else but corona virus. so he rang up and asked was the results right. they ask him why. he said it says everyone died of corona virus. He said it has to be wrong. There reply was as there is no one in the department that determine who died of what is closed due to the virus. so the only thing they can do is to say the person died of corona virus. But then on the other hand there has been countries that have done nothing, and they are in no worse state for not responding. what's my response. Its totally confusing

jonk65":4g6xnovy said:
I don't understand why they have made that we have to use face masks.

It’s somewhere between because it’s the best that Boris & Co think they can get away with to keep us safe and because there is a secret plot to steal our civil liberties. The best you will get here is a range of opinions which are all covered earlier in this thread.

jonk65":17lwebhy said:
Hi what do people think about the new law that's been in a few weeks now to do with face masks. I'm of an age now that I'm suppose to have a flue jab. I said to the nurse at our local GP that I didn't want the jab. I was told by the nurse that I'm selfish and irresponsible. she said this a few years ago. telling me how I'm putting the elderly at risk by not having a flue jab. I said don't I have a the chance to say if I want this flue jab or not. as its not law. She its not law but you are expected just to take the without complaint.
Now with the face mask. it says you can chose not to use a mask and you don't need a medical certificate from your doctor to say you are to ill to use one. but if you don't use a mask shop are refusing entry. Taking away the your option. (I thought it was the polices job to see if you are using a mask). the next problem is if the police are asked to step in. As we all no the police work on evidence and true facts. So you tell the police you a medical problem. as they want evidence and true facts they will ask for proof that are unable to use a mask. As you have no proof from your GP or anyone else that could provide that information. That only leaves the police with one option. that is to fine you or arrest you.
May I ask why you don't want a flu jab?

jonk65":2x356nie said:

I'm happy to have my flu jab because:

1) The risk of something bad happening to me as a direct result of having the jab is extremely low.
2) The potential impact on me, my family, and my community (at its simplest 'the taxpayer') if I get a bad dose of flu is significant, and the chances of catching it at some point are larger than small.

I have made a personal decision as someone with what I think is a good basic understanding of arithmetic and human health.

I don't actually care deeply what other people do, but there is a greater cost to society if people get (potentially gravely) avoidably ill - one of the reasons that the taxpayer so generously funds flu jabs for vulnerable folk.

I think that scaremongering/dogwhistle talk of 'compulsion' is Trumpian internet-fuelled bowrox myself....

jonk65":y0d1ymvw said:
I don't understand why they have made that we have to use face masks. they tell us the peak of the infection was in April and the same with the old peoples homes. Since then they tell us it dropping rapidly to date. A top scientist gets the results of who died from what each month. he said he seen this present outbreak on the list. He said the virus came about a quarter of the way up the death list. The next month he received the new list for that month. There wasn't anything else but corona virus. so he rang up and asked was the results right. they ask him why. he said it says everyone died of corona virus. He said it has to be wrong. There reply was as there is no one in the department that determine who died of what is closed due to the virus. so the only thing they can do is to say the person died of corona virus. But then on the other hand there has been countries that have done nothing, and they are in no worse state for not responding. what's my response. Its totally confusing

Wearing a face mask in public situations may or may not make any difference to your chances of catching it from others (washing hands religiously and protecting your eyes may be as good or better) and/or your chances of passing it on to others - but for the vast majority of people (who don't have some kind of mental/physical issues making it hard for them) wearing a mask is painless and easy to do.

Even if it could make a tiny positive difference (and waiting for "proof" either way will take a very long time), why not just fliipin do it?

The virus is still circulating within the community, it is pernicious, and it hasn't gone away.

Iv only ever had one flu jab. I was laid up in bed very ill after the injection. I told the nurse at the doctors and she told me I will be ok. so if they ask me if I want a jab. I will always say no. Because I don't want be ill like I was last time I had a jab. I found out one day that there is compensation scheme set for those who have side effects from there vaccines. but they tell there vaccines are all safe. if they are all safe why is there a compensation scheme. but even if you have problem with a vaccine. you will need to very rich to start with to go for there compensation.
I remember about 20 years ago, they was a jab for children to stop them from getting some real serious diseases. but they found that the drug they was giving the children. Was given the children some serious problem. Even though the government knew there was bad side effects that could effect your child. They didn't take it off the market. they gave you the chance to choose if you want to have your children vaccinated. Bet even back then you may of had the chance to choose. if picked no injection for your child. you would then get a lecture on how your child will be spreading the childhood diseases. How your child is a carrier. So you get choice. but if you pick the wrong one. you get ridiculed for making that choice.

jonk65":m7t093yx said:

Iv only ever had one flu jab. I was laid up in bed very ill after the injection. I told the nurse at the doctors and she told me I will be ok. so if they ask me if I want a jab. I will always say no. Because I don't want be ill like I was last time I had a jab. I found out one day that there is compensation scheme set for those who have side effects from there vaccines. but they tell there vaccines are all safe. if they are all safe why is there a compensation scheme. but even if you have problem with a vaccine. you will need to very rich to start with to go for there compensation.
I remember about 20 years ago, they was a jab for children to stop them from getting some real serious diseases. but they found that the drug they was giving the children. Was given the children some serious problem. Even though the government knew there was bad side effects that could effect your child. They didn't take it off the market. they gave you the chance to choose if you want to have your children vaccinated. Bet even back then you may of had the chance to choose. if picked no injection for your child. you would then get a lecture on how your child will be spreading the childhood diseases. How your child is a carrier. So you get choice. but if you pick the wrong one. you get ridiculed for making that choice.

Shame there is not a vaccination for trolling

Garno":3df6a9lr said:
Shame there is not a vaccination for trolling

This.......

Attachments

• shotgun.jpg
    shotgun.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 241
jonk65":3n4o2yii said:
I remember about 20 years ago, they was a jab for children to stop them from getting some real serious diseases. but they found that the drug they was giving the children. Was given the children some serious problem. Even though the government knew there was bad side effects that could effect your child.

I suspect you are referring to the claims by the then Doctor Andrew Wakefield (he was struck off I think last year) that MMR vaccinations caused Autism. This turned out to be total rubbish but the hullabaloo he caused led to some parents choosing to not have their children vaccinated, a corresponding spike in the associated illnesses and millions wasted to confirm he was talking trash. Allegedly this guy is now saying that Covid19 is a fake.

It's up to you to decide whether you believe him or not.

jonk65":25q1j29v said:

Iv only ever had one flu jab. I was laid up in bed very ill after the injection. I told the nurse at the doctors and she told me I will be ok. so if they ask me if I want a jab. I will always say no. Because I don't want be ill like I was last time .

Maybe the nurse injected the wrong arm, if she had used the other arm you would have been fine.

lurker":33zylj7q said:
jonk65":33zylj7q said:

Iv only ever had one flu jab. I was laid up in bed very ill after the injection. I told the nurse at the doctors and she told me I will be ok. so if they ask me if I want a jab. I will always say no. Because I don't want be ill like I was last time .

Maybe the nurse injected the wrong arm, if she had used the other arm you would have been fine.

I'm wondering if the injection wasn't in the Arcuate Fasciculus .....

Back