ELF decorating tool

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone made a DIY version of the Elf decorating tool as it seems expensive for a collet and a couple of bearings in a handle - Failing that any one selling one?

I thought about making one until I watched a live demonstration while visiting Sheffield a few years back. I decided to support the tool maker for engineering the tool and making it available to the masses. I love tools that just work and the Decorating Elf is one. Especially when you use the cove tool and point tool, perfect complements to the Elf. HT makes good quality tools that work and last a long time, in my humble opinion.
Cheers
Bert

Bert
Whilst I do agree with you in principle my feelings are that "some" tools are over priced and IMO the Elf is an example.

I'm curious. How is the Elf's cutter held in the tool. I've looked at a couple videos, one almost 10 minutes long and tool changing wasn't shown. Thanks

Pete

I use the Burrs mounted in the chuck of my handpiece of a flexible drive which is detachable

The handpiece simply is a handle with a shaft and bearings once detached from the flexible part it rotates freely.

Inspector":cszkl2uc said:
I'm curious. How is the Elf's cutter held in the tool. I've looked at a couple videos, one almost 10 minutes long and tool changing wasn't shown. Thanks

Pete
The cutter is held in with a magnet.

Well I bit the bullet and ordered one from The Tool Post, happily there is a blanket 20% off all products so that made me smile. And yes it is good to support our uk suppliers.

I used the inside of an old dremel which no longer worked. I made a wooden handle which takes the dremel internal shaft with a bearing at each end.

Back