Screwfix

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My local Screwfix is just a 5 minute drive away but unfortunately they are hopeless. First ever click and collect about 2 years ago I arrived and told the guy at the counter I had a click & collect to pick up at which he starts typing on his computer, I assume he's logging into the relevant order section and wait for him to log on and ask for the order number or my name. Instead he looks up and says
"should I just grab a random order then?"
Confused I said "what"
His reply was "if you don't tell me your name I'll just have to guess and grab one at random won't I?"

I nearly cleared the counter but told him I was waiting for him to ask and that he was a twit (with an A)
I would have asked for the manager but his badge stated he was the duty manager!
I fired off a complaint to their head office and didn't use them for some time.

Twice in the last year whilst mid project I have found I needed something so ordered via click and collect, each time I have had the ready to collect text and when I arrived they then go and pick it, the last time took them over 20 minutes. Complete waste of time using click and collect here.

I also don't own a mobile phone,all the hoops and fences got me really annoyed and when I went to checkout I was told not working,in the end I had to get my wife to order on her phone but pay with my credit card,hope the order is correct when I go to collect,I don't think I will be using them until normal service is resumed.

i think the problem with screwfix and lots of other companies is that they cant comprehend that people dont have a mobile phone.
just like companies that cant comprehend that my MIL who is 96 doesnt have a computer and e-mail.

I am midway between 2 Screwfix, about a 5 mile trip to either. The difference between the two is night and day. In my favoured one the staff are really bubbly and helpful but in the other the staff really couldn't care less, really bad attitudes, you wonder what can make them so different. Also my favoured one has the magic doorway to the VIP area with coffee machine and instant service.

Always found the click and collect to work well at both though.

No issues with click and collect at Screwfix or Toolstation.

harryc":tg9797mq said:
No issues with click and collect at Screwfix or Toolstation.
Same here, during my workshop build I put three or four click and collect order a week into Screwfix, they are superb here and only a three minute trip away.

Monday I had four orders put in over the course of the previous day, I kept adding bits as I remembered them. when I turned up, they brought all four orders together, excellent.

I was doing so much work on our place the girl at my local screwfix just offered to open me a trade account. It was great before lockdown when I could place my order online, walk into the magical trade only area and collect my stuff while the norms queued up on the other side to buy the screw they wanted.

My only issue with either screwfix or toolstation in recent times has been Toolsation upping their minimum spend for free delivery from £10, and the 10 or 12 deep queue outside screwfix every time I've gone to collect anything during lockdown. Both are entirely understandable.

I was in screwfix the other week picking up my click n collect, while I'm waiting another bloke comes in at the other counter - "no haven't got an order number I've been sent from the Abingdon branch they phoned 10min earlier said you would put aside a tin of paint for me" he said, well a blank look on the servers face so he asks around, no no one knows anything about it so duty manager phones Abingdon, total blank , I'm thinking I bet I know what's going on but stay silent anyway said bloke starts getting forceful "I was there when they phoned I heard them speak to you" he says total blank shrug, by this time I was creased up I just had to ask "it is screwfix you want isn't it not toolstation?" he looks at me through his mask and says yes toolfix er toolstation" err this is screwfix the staff all creased up yes TS is round the corner as usual. Well what a plonker was the general consensus.
But I must admit they do all look alike.

Back