Rightmove or Zoopla

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
If you were selling a property and one agent used Rightmove and another agent used Zoopla, all other things being equal...which one would you choose ?

TIA

Rightmove without a doubt.... its the 'go to'site

We're selling a rental house now with an agent in Southampton, and just out of interest i've just looked on Zoopla and its on there too, yet i dont recall the agent saying they use them....

Definitely Rightmove. Can't remember the last time I looked at Zoopla but I'm on rightmove every couple of days.

Thanks guys as it confirms my own gut feel. So there's our dilemma. The company who own the block of retirement flats charge a large sum of money for doing very little as regards selling. And they use Zoopla. Our sale has just fallen through ...a painful experience...how does four failed completions sound ...due to a Walter Mitty type Egyptian next link down in the chain (ie our buyers' buyer) and who now is £85k down due to his deposit being forfeited.

So we can go through another agent...who will use Rightmive...but we still have to pay the usurious fees charged by the company who own the block.

Rock and hard place.

RogerS":mu1v06jv said:
Thanks guys as it confirms my own gut feel. So there's our dilemma. The company who own the block of retirement flats charge a large sum of money for doing very little as regards selling. And they use Zoopla. Our sale has just fallen through ...a painful experience...how does four failed completions sound ...due to a Walter Mitty type Egyptian next link down in the chain (ie our buyers' buyer) and who now is £85k down due to his deposit being forfeited.

So we can go through another agent...who will use Rightmive...but we still have to pay the usurious fees charged by the company who own the block.

Rock and hard place.

On a positive note you are £85k richer now :D

Garno":apbmhqqx said:
RogerS":apbmhqqx said:

Rock and hard place.

On a positive note you are £85k richer now :D

I wish. That is what our buyer has...not us ! Trouble is, we're still shelling out monthly maintenance charges for, well, let me see now, thinking, not quite getting it, still thinking, 'twas our mother what signed the lease, thinking...ah, got it. £637 a month for precisely SFA.

Dear All

Owners of Retirement complexes have a licence to print money. Those who move in get some benefits depending on the owners, and some 'Security' but the deal is that the Retirement home owners always get a cut of the sale price.

Caveat Emptor!!!

Phil

Latest posts

Back