Cordless mitre saws any good?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raymond UK

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not really ready for a new mitre saw as I purchased my Makita LS1018L only about 3 years ago but I keep looking at their cordless mitre saws.

My workshop isn't very big and I have to set up the saw when needed as I don't have enough space to build a mitre station so on a daily basis I plug the machine in maybe 5-6 times.

Looking at the Makita DLS110 twin 18v

Anyone have experience with these?

Get a folding metal stand for the saw you have. I usually set mine up outside due to the mess it makes. Few of us have the space for a mitersaw station.
I have not tried the battery ones but reckon like all battery tools a spare battery would be a must have.
Regards
John

Don’t have the Makita but have a Metabo with an 8ah battery & it’s a really good piece of kit, I use it for site work so being cordless it’s ideal, I’ve not yet drained a fully charged battery in a day’s use so I’m well pleased with it.

Orraloon":yeenw0mv said:
Get a folding metal stand for the saw you have. I usually set mine up outside due to the mess it makes. Few of us have the space for a mitersaw station.

I've been looking at this universal one from Dewalt. Compact, relatively cheap and people seem to like it. You can also get extra rails so that you can mount other stuff on it.

I think rag n bone brown has the hikoki cordless and he says the battery lasts ages.

Not a huge surprise with brushless motor and a 5ah pack on it. Others would be similar, we don't keep mitre saws running that long if you think about it.

I have the milwaukee 18v one, I’ve had it probably 5 years now and the same as Doug I use it for site work, mainly first fix.
Recently I’ve been doing some work outside at home as well and used it loads, as has been mentioned the batteries last well, I’m fairly set up with Milwaukee stuff and do have quite a few batteries.

Lest we forget there are plenty of adapters available to use x battery on y tool too. They are basically all the same anyway just with different proprietary connections.

I only have bosch batteries but I can at least pick up a makita tool or dewalt and use it without too much bother.

Thanks all.

Definitely ready to buy a cordless saw. I think I will have to stick with Makita as I've got about 17 - 18 18v batteries.

The Makita takes 2 batteries so with two 5Ah it should be ok.

Raymond UK":1gapar3y said:
Thanks all.

Definitely ready to buy a cordless saw. I think I will have to stick with Makita as I've got about 17 - 18 18v batteries.

The Makita takes 2 batteries so with two 5Ah it should be ok.
Honestly I think you'll find it's an absurd amount of time on that much battery before you need to charge.

I'm quite surprised how good these batteries are. Both my router and planer run on 5Ah batteries and running time is exceptional.

Back