Kity K5 combi machine (manual)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave Hopkins":2lmhop5b said:
Hi Lons, you must be getting fed up but any chance you could pm me how to get a manual for a k5. i have had one for about 3 years but only ever used the saw and planer I would love to use the spindle moulder and the morticed but don't want to either hurt myself or the machine. regards dave.
Never fed up Dave, just surprised at how many of these little machines are still in use, have lost count now but sent pdf all over the world, Mexico, RSA, USA, Canada, Europe, you name it they seem to be in existence unless people are just collecting files. :lol:
Will send you a pm with my email address.

cheers
Bob

good day

New to this forum

I would also like a copy of a manual please: riaan@uitenhagevet(dot)co(dot)za

Also: I have a problem with the belt slipping off too easily. I understand that it is not a high output machine, but feel that it happens too easily.

Can anyone say what the correct motor capacity should be and belt used?( not sure if mine has not been altered)

THX

Hi Riaan
No problem I'll get the manual and some other info sent to you later tonight, will send the early model leaflet as well in case it's the splayed leg model you have, even so the manual will still be useful.

The motor capacity should be 1hp / 0.75kw and the belt should not slip. It's most likely stretched but they aren't difficult to replace from local bearing and belt suppliers. First try adjusting the motor mounts or individual machines on the table as they may well be enough wiggle room to get it tight.
cheers
Bob

Ps, where in South Africa are you btw?

Hey Lons, you seem to be the hero this world needs! I just acquired a k5 and was hoping to also get a manual. I too have some belt slip issues. Jdw1285(at)gmail(dot)com... thank you!!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Justscotty":3e7qrkgh said:
Hey Lons, you seem to be the hero this world needs! I just acquired a k5 and was hoping to also get a manual. I too have some belt slip issues. Jdw1285(at)gmail(dot)com... thank you!!

No probs will email to you

Thanks Lons! I'm in Denver, Colorado. I found an old, somewhat stripped down, working k5 and kity dust collector for sale for 150$. It was listed as table saw/shaper/jointer. The owner had only ever used the table saw and had a theory about how you make the other machines work. He had no clue about the planer and mortise. He said there's a box of parts that go with it, and pulled out a giant box of everything the previous owners removed which was everything not bolted to the table. All the shaper bits were in their original boxes and have never been touched, along with brand new planer blades, and every part in the box look brand new. There is a ton of loose little parts and quite a few big parts that I have not figured out what they're for, so hopefully the manual will help identify them.

Do you have any recommendations for how to clean the (I believe) cast aluminum?
Also, what type oil I should use to loosen up all gears that move the tables and planer up and down?

Sounds is if you found a bargain.
Presumably you got the files I emailed and can work out most of it from those but you have my email address so just shout if you need to and I'll help if I can.
I've only ever gently cleaned the cast alloy tables and applied a coat of wax but if there's any corrosion you might need some abrasive, don't use that unless you have to as from memory I think they were anodised.
I doubt the type of oil is important, I've used light oil and grease though the later attracts sawdust and gets clogged up, silicone spray might be a better option

cheers
Bob

PS
Nice part of the world.
We talked about visiting Denver but after touring the various canyons and Lake Powell only got as far as Monument Valley before travelling back the other way via Vegas, Death Valley, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite and San Francisco. Haven't managed to make another trip yet.

Lons":my59442d said:
Never fed up Dave, just surprised at how many of these little machines are still in use, have lost count now but sent pdf all over the world, Mexico, RSA, USA, Canada, Europe, you name it they seem to be in existence unless people are just collecting files. :lol:

Hi Lons, how about another African country. I managed to get the model following the K5 , the D25P (that is if my understanding is correct) and I'm taking it to Namibia.
Please send me a copy of the manual you have. andriespiek(at)gmail(dot)com

Much appreciated

Hi,

Would it be possible to request a copy of the manual? My in-laws have an old K5 (the white version) buried in the garage which I would like to restore. It hasn’t been used in over 5 years and I’d like to read up about it before starting the restoration.

Many thanks

Craig

Hi,

I'm just about to acquire a Kity 5 from my father - are you able to sent me a copy of the manual.

thanks,

Kevin

Yeah no problem Kevin have sent you a pm with my email address so if you mail me I'll get it to you asap
Bob

Hi!

I was hoping someone could help me obtain a PDF copy of the Kity K5 manual (old version, white ).
My email: cicamika5(at)gmail(dot)com

Thank you in advance,

Alexandra

Alexandra":3of4f0fr said:
Hi!

I was hoping someone could help me obtain a PDF copy of the Kity K5 manual (old version, white ).
My email: cicamika5(at)gmail(dot)com

Thank you in advance,

Alexandra
I don't have the old one Alexandra but the mk2 which followed is very similar main difference being spindle moulder shaft size and slighlty different slot morticer if you have the 5 function model.
I'll send the pdfs tonight along with a copy sales leaflet I have for your model which might be of interest.
Bob

Hi, I am yet another poor soul in need of a K5 manual. Lons, thank you for your public service. If you could pm me I can send you my email address.

[Hi Bob

I am looking for a manual for the K5 Kity. Saw you posted you gave one iff you do not mind. I am from South Africa and need one for a old machine I purchased.
Regards

[email protected]

quote="Lons"]
pils":3qjqbxuq said:
Hello Wildman

Thanks for that. I found that site and, I confess, I'm loathe to pay for something when it might be shared/bartered.
You have more than one computer? :eek:
popping out to dismantle some pallets, so may go quiet for a while.

Hi PLS

I have the manual and other info for the model immediately after yours and though some differences you will find it useful. pm me with your email address and I'll send it to you in pdf files.

Do a search on the forum, loads of posts on here re the K5.

regards
Bob[/quote]

Back