Where can I find one of these

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm looking for one of the things shown in red in the image below. So a threaded rod, with a spinning domed washer type thing on the end, used for clamping. The domed piece has a little wiggle room to account for anything that isn't perfectly flat

I need it to be M8.

I tried making my own from an M8 bolt, and a piece of wood to act as the domed washer (with a nut inside). It worked, but the wood needs to be quite thick for it to take the pressure, and then it's too big for the application. So I really do need it to be made of metal so it can be much thinner.

bolt.png

Attachments

• bolt.png
    bolt.png
    409.1 KB · Views: 734
You could try Plow Bolts in your search. They have a similar head but not necessarily that wide. Try flat head carriage bolt too. All else fails you could silver solder/braze a disk to a countersink screw.

Pete

cheers for the suggestions guys. Swivel feet look like a winner. Just need to find some at a good price.

Inspector":2pmydi7b said:
You could try Plow Bolts in your search. They have a similar head but not necessarily that wide. Try flat head carriage bolt too. All else fails you could silver solder/braze a disk to a countersink screw.

Pete

It needs to have a bit of tilt, else I would have just used an M8 bolt.

I had a similar problem with some hold down clamps I made.
I used some 8mm dome head coach bolts to take up the angle and small blocks with a shallow hole to prevent marking the item.

IMG_20200525_182833-1008x756.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_182833-1008x756.jpg
    IMG_20200525_182833-1008x756.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 422
powertools":1enp0ocm said:
I had a similar problem with some hold down clamps I made.
I used some 8mm dome head coach bolts to take up the angle and small blocks with a shallow hole to prevent marking the item.

I don't think that is the same thing though. The swivel things I mentioned have a "ball and socket" - ish type joint so you can clamp things that are not parallel.

Back