Steve's workbench build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched the first ep Steve. Looking good.

Surprised to see you get your sausage out for the Youtube audience though :lol:

DBT85":3tgwqa91 said:

It's dog eat dog out there, you have to use every weapon you've got.

Steve Maskery":av90p7xu said:
DBT85":av90p7xu said:

It's dog eat dog out there, you have to use every weapon you've got.
Ohh Steve I wouldn't go so far as to say weapon!

Great WIP and I’m enjoying starting to work through the videos. It’s brilliant to see you back in the workshop making instructional vids again Steve =D>

The one about making the top
[youtube]xPC_N0ssO6s[/youtube]

The one about cutting the double mortices:
[youtube]QIN9mSm1o-c[/youtube]

The one about cutting the double tenons:
[youtube]tZpyarY1eXY[/youtube]

Another good build there Steve, just finished watching the videos . Ive just started a new bench build and until watching your vids I've never wanted tool well, but a re-design might be in order

Well (ha-ha, did you see what I did there?), The jury is still out. The first problem I found was that my anglepoise lamp does not sit on the bench any more unless I have it right to the front. I didn't think of that; OTOH I can have that end of my bench flush, with the rest of it having a tool well.
OTW I think I like it it.
S

Steve Maskery":3m9ij1pr said:
Well (ha-ha, did you see what I did there?), The jury is still out. The first problem I found was that my anglepoise lamp does not sit on the bench any more unless I have it right to the front. I didn't think of that; OTOH I can have that end of my bench flush, with the rest of it having a tool well.
OTW I think I like it it.
S

I watched a Rob Cosman video the other day about a bench he made. He made a sliding carriage for his lamp so it slides along the top of rear apron to wherever he wants it.

Yes, I can see that working.
I like my anglepoise lamp.It was a 21st birthday present from my favourite aunty. It's old and battered now, but still going. A bit like me.

Watching you panic when you realised things weren't labeled during the glueup made me laugh :) ... I can relate!

Oi, Maskery. Yes.......you. Stand still laddie.

How have you inveigled your way into my Youtube feed? Every time I look you're the first damned video on the list, when all I use youtube for is to watch Leo building Tally Ho and seeing old Pink Floyd concerts. I've already got a bench and I don't use a table saw, so leave me alone.........

:lol: :lol:

Last up, the one about building the tail vice.
[youtube]V2e_cRnKmyY[/youtube]

Thank you for watching. Until the next time, enjoy your workshop. Cheerio.

Back