Damaged Plastic window seal .. fill it???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garybbbb

Reaction score
Hi All .. my 1st post.

1. The board wldnt allow me to upload related photo (from android phone, standard photo), message said file too large .. is there another way to upload photos.

2. Got a damaged (10p size burn hole) white plasticky window seal (fitted when uPvc windows installed 3-4yrs ago). Seal has a vSmooth plasticky surface material. Could i fill it and with what to make it good.
Many thanks.
G
Ps wld love to know how to upload photo. Cheers.

Hi Bill .. spot on mate .. meant window sill not a seal so any info appreciated. Thanks. G
Ps1 can u not get pictures up on the forum??
ps2 im a cab driver and re. my seal/sill oversight .. yuv probably got a decent idea of the extent of my diy knowledge (but vKeen to learn). Cheers

Garybbbb":23awua1h said:
Ps1 can u not get pictures up on the forum??
….
There is a link to Picture Posting Guide at the top of every forum section.

Put a pic up of the damage mate it'll help a lot. You could probably fill it with silicone sealant and smooth if off. It'll look a lot better but still be visible

Managed to upload photo of damaged sill. Owen has suggested i silicon fill. Now photo available does silicon still stand. Cheers. G
Ps. Think i got ct1 filler indoors .. any value. If not no worries .. i go h/w shop.

Attachments

• 20200422_171416_compress49.jpg
    20200422_171416_compress49.jpg
    220.2 KB · Views: 135
That's in a very obvious place where you're going to really notice any repair. I know you can get upvc window repair kits to fill holes etc but I haven't ever used one so can't comment, plus they cost more than a new cover cill would. I would replace the cill it's pretty easy to do so. No harm in trying to fill the hole with ct1 first and if that looks rubbish replace it?

Latest posts

Back