WOW! I'm in love.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
voyager":2oydsbqk said:
however i was an apprentice engineer in a time when a good clip round the ear or worse was the result of doing something stupid, working in and around complex machinery always got a serious lecture on being aware of your surroundings, failure to pay attention was either a week making tea or steering a broom around the workshop for a few days, i guess what i'm saying is that it was a way of learning H&S that became ingrained very quickly and has stayed with me for over 40yrs.

I remember quite well being told "Do not bleed on my machines, you'll make them rust and we don't want that" :lol:

Well I'm not in love, but I have daughters so I always like to see the girls beating us at our own game...
Here's Ashley Harwood - woodturner from South Carolina.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRtT6kZ_C4g

Watch the first 5 minutes if that's all you watch to see an example of a full on production turning job against the clock. I'm not qualified to comment on the difficulty of a job like that but maintaining accuracy and consistency across a big batch of work when you are in a hurry can't be easy.
The channel is modern day marketing - engagement with social media to get her message out there - but I think it's pretty well done and it looks to be working as her classes are selling !

Latest posts

Back