Post something COVID social distancing has allowed....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its allright, you can buy it again

Sazerac announced that Southern Comfort's formula would be changed in 2017 to restore whiskey as the base spirit, as the original formula used. Sometime before Brown-Forman purchased the brand, it had been reformulated to use neutral spirit, with only a negligible amount of whiskey as a flavorant.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Reminds me of the amish here - they work like that on buildings, and where the kids are allowed to hunt (they were often on our land without permission, but that's a different story), you'll see them in clear trees sitting on a limb with a rifle (clear as in trunk with no branches for 20 or 30 feet). Makes for a wonderful picture, but I'd bet most of those men no longer had full function in their limbs, backs and hands by age 60.

Re ladders. When I was a bit younger I used to use a wooden 3 part ladder. Proper relic. Proper banned now and quite right too. These ladders were so heavy you needed two people to carry them. I used to climb them and bump them up the walls. When I got up to the third floor I'd slide down . Get my tools go back up then three fellas used to bounce the ladder down the street with me at the top. I'm not even kidding. Tools drying up. Drop the dolly and they'd throw it back up wet.
I used to clean hotels in London. Go out one window then jump in between the balconies all the way round the building. 8 floors up. I loved it tbh. I was young fit and mental.
Would I do it now?
Ha ha ha!

Not a chance.
I'm 45 too. Was hanging off a rope till today that's all finished now for a while.
Well old Craig. :wink:

I'm loving it. Still doing emergency jobs (most of our work is food industry) but otherwise I'm spending a day at home with the family, messing around in the workshop, walking the dog etc. Then the alternate days I'm playing in the machine shop at work, getting through all the projects I've got stacked up. It's the life I'd be leading if I was a lottery winner! :lol:

I have spent the week filling two skips with rubbish. I am now knackered as to day I had to knock a low brick wall and get all the bricks in to the skip as well. My wife is going stir crazy and trying to find lots of stuff that needs doing :(

For 2 days I've hand raked the 'lawn' and filled 3 ton bags with moss and what I now know is called thatch. Feels like I've had a full body workout! The guinea pig looks unimpressed, but I'm sure she'll appreciate the beautiful grass that I'll now be sowing in the many bare patches.
Son back from uni has been doing his Spanish and Italian lessons online, in between making paneer curry from scratch and a baked chocolate brownie and vanilla cheesecake =D>

made a rolling storage for my mackpacks and a pallet wood storage area. tided up a bit. improved on dovetails and making a bbq shelter is next......

quite productive really.... :mrgreen: (hammer)

craigsalisbury":bdic2g93 said:
..., I normally buy from shipton mill, but i do have a dry container for the vitamix that will make flour so hmmmmm maybe a new project :)

I buy from Shipton Mill too which is fairly close. They delivered part of my order after 10 days, the rest expected tomorrow. I spoke to them and the lady said something similar, they are running at FIFTY times the usual demand!

Just made the first loaves from the Swiss Dark Flour, quite delicious!

Bread -  - 4.jpg

Attachments

• Bread -  - 4.jpg
    Bread - - 4.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts

Back