Tools for children

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Orchard. I have now bought a Japanese pull saw and I ordered a plane as suggested by Profchris. The latter has been delivered to my grandson in my absence and I have yet to see it as they are now on holiday. My grandson is looking forward to trying it out as am I. As a matter of interest I did come across a Stanley No.1 plane while on holiday but it was not for sale as it was an exhibit in a Woodwork Museum. It looked ideal for a child.
I will refer back to your suggestions if my grandson's interest in woodwork continues. Do you by any chance have a link to the ECE Boy's plane? I have found the chisels on eBay and can find other ECE planes but not the Boy's plane.
Thank you for your suggestions.

Bodger7":2j5whbq1 said:
Hi Orchard. I have now bought a Japanese pull saw and I ordered a plane as suggested by Profchris. The latter has been delivered to my grandson in my absence and I have yet to see it as they are now on holiday. My grandson is looking forward to trying it out as am I. As a matter of interest I did come across a Stanley No.1 plane while on holiday but it was not for sale as it was an exhibit in a Woodwork Museum. It looked ideal for a child.
I will refer back to your suggestions if my grandson's interest in woodwork continues. Do you by any chance have a link to the ECE Boy's plane? I have found the chisels on eBay and can find other ECE planes but not the Boy's plane.
Thank you for your suggestions.
Glad to be of some possible help.
We went for a small Japanese saw too,she was already differentiating between push and pull types with using Silky's for green, and a Spear&Jackson for rough cross-cutting -so a small Japaness saw was a no-brainer.

If you're a bodger, I'm sure he'd love using a shavehorse :D

Hi AndyT
Thank you for that link. I didn't connect the ECE plane in Orchard's message with the tools referred to in your earlier post so thanks for repeating it.

Back