Best fixed base router

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Karacsonyi

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good fixed base router, that can ideally take 1/2” bits. Ebay is not helpful unless you are in the US, which is no help living in the 240 volt world.

Hi Peter,

It’s to use freehand. I have a Triton in the table. I have a green Bosch plunge router, can’t remember the model. I am finding increasingly I have a need for a fixed base model.

Depending on your level of use I wonder whether a simple home made base would work? I was thinking of doing something simalr recently, essentially two heavy screws as pillars with a nut above and below the level of the collet to lock the height.

Thanks all,

The issue I have with my fixed base router Bosch POF.... Is it will not lock, most likely the mechanism is full of dust. Luckily I have tracked down a Bosch MRF23EVS in Germany.

As far as my research went, I think that there is a high end Bosch model and a draper and not much else available in fixed base.

They seem very popular in the USA but rare over here.

The Draper Expert is also worth looking at, it's perspex base and three work lights make it a pleasure to use.

Great thanks all. I just checked Axminster.co.uk, strange I have never really been there before. Found a sexy looking Bosch model there with a change of bases.

Wife will be annoyed to see the transaction (hammer)

Latest posts

Back