My mate Billy

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
doctor Bob":1e9zt3l8 said:
Dr Watson in a hurry....

Q1GQtoi.jpg

Not tried him on parsnips, he likes a carrot.

If he's anything like my daughters German Wirehaired Pointer, you don't get in his way when he's in a hurry. He doesn't go around, he goes through. :shock:

Nigel.

Well little Watson is 10 months old and he is a nightmare chewer.
Plenty of puppies before him and of course some chewing, but this little pipper will chew anything 24hrs a day.
Estimate so far
10 pairs of shoes
10 pairs of slippers
1 seat
4 dog beds
pens
pencils
3 floor mats
plastic cups x 6
1 plastic dog bowl
2 watering cans
40 small plastic plant pots
handles on gorrilla tubs x 14
handles on sports bag x 2
Hard hat
indestructible dog toys x 20 (estimate)
1 x acer tree
2 x small willows

There is more but I have just listed the ones which come to mind, Denise speaks to the other puppy owners and his mums owner ............ looks like it's a trait of the litter, one of them has done a sash window and a sofa!!!!!

:shock: Have you tried spraying bitter apple over what sounds like everything? It stopped my daughters German Wirehaired Pointer.

Nigel.

Nah Nah Nah Nah...

Don't believe any of the bogus and phony "solutions" out there Bob. There's only one way to sort that problem out...

21-v%2B0VU95L.jpg

Chew on this :)

My daughter is a veterinary nurse and would always advise owners to insure their animals as, unlike the NHS, animal health is not subsidised and the cost of drugs alone is high.

Her dog is an eight year old German Wirehaired Pointer. He is clumsy and will jump off anything. He doesn't go around things, he goes through. So far he went straight through a barbed wire fence, £600 bill. Smashed a pane of glass in my greenhouse when ratting, then walked through the broken glass and into the house. I only noticed when I saw blood on our five week old carpet, I don't know what the bill for that injury was, but fortunately he is insured and all bills have been covered so far.

Nigel.

Yep, new puppy is insured to the hilt. Got our money back several times over already.

Phil Pascoe":2lgl22bt said:
Thank heavens for insurance - he's just torn a meniscus and cruciate leaping full speed off a seven foot hedge. :shock:

Hope he makes a full recovery, thats a lot of weight coming down from 7ft.

Phil, please don't take this the wrong way, but £750 doesn't cover much these days, and the amount that you are saying is not surprising.

Some of the insurances offered by the likes of the supermarkets, whilst seeming good value, actually don't offer a particularly good degree of cover. My daughter does not receive commission, but she would always recommend Pet Plan. Whilst by no means cheap, the cover is, in her opinion, second to none. I believe that she has Eric covered up to £7K, as she knows the potential cost of veterinary procedures, and with a dog like a working gundog, the injury rate can be quite high, especially one like Eric who will basically crash through gorse, brambles, barbed wire fences etc. Eric does not work, and it was never intended to work him, although he used to go to a gundog club until he became gun shy due to being frightened by a very loud firework.

Nigel .

Nigel Burden":1zivp13h said:
................................. until he became gun shy due to being frightened by a very loud firework.

Nigel .

we had a great Gordon Setter, brilliant on the gun. Then one year leading up to fireworks night, just as she was sqatting for a pee a bloody proper fireworks bomb went off. She never worked again and hid in the airing cupboard if she heard any bang.
Real shame that all the training which went into her was lost in an instance.

doctor Bob":n9i970no said:
Phil Pascoe":n9i970no said:
Three thousand quid. :shock: £750 covered by insurance.

Painful, however much you love em.

Years ago my daughter had four mice which she had bought for £1 each out of her pocket money. One had a visit to the vets, the bill was £19.

Nigel.

doctor Bob":30d1x5ra said:
Nigel Burden":30d1x5ra said:
................................. until he became gun shy due to being frightened by a very loud firework.

Nigel .

we had a great Gordon Setter, brilliant on the gun. Then one year leading up to fireworks night, just as she was sqatting for a pee a bloody proper fireworks bomb went off. She never worked again and hid in the airing cupboard if she heard any bang.
Real shame that all the training which went into her was lost in an instance.

Every year after the silly season my daughter has problems with Eric. He won't go out for the toilet when it gets dark, and he starts to quiver with fear when it starts to get dark in anticipation of fireworks. When the fireworks have been quiet for two or three weeks he starts to settle down again.

Nigel.

Latest posts

Back