Riving Knife Problems

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alun

Reaction score
I have a scheppach hs100 table(feeling guilty) Generally not a wise purchase. I made the mistake of attempting to lower the riving knife and cannot get it re-aligned. The knife is tightened by a plastic lever, I have tried all means to re-align, i.e using the so called guide rail against the blade or a steel ruler, whatever I use when I remove and tighten, the knife will spring back offset to the blade and obstruct use. Then the plastic lever broke!!!
Does anyone have any experience of these saws?

I have the exact same problem, I got in touch with a scheppach parts supplier a and to replace the riving knife all the bolts,lever and the metal pieces the knife sit between is only £16

I have no experience with that saw, but you could replace the lever with a bolt and use a shim in the right spot (assuming it doesn't have in built adjustment) to get the knife back in line.

My evolution table saw needs 3 layers of post it note just in the right spot to bring it into line!

Just do it up, see which area you'd need to shim, undo it and start with say a bit of paper folded over. So your shim would be 2x paper thickness.

Latest posts

Back