Extra long PSE pine floorboards

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_d

Established Member
Reaction score
Dear Members,

I'm restoring an old property with extra long, exposed and continuous planed square edge (PSE) pine floorboards. I intend to sand and oil the floorboards to form the finished floor surface so wish to remove the unsightly butt joints and associated damage caused by unsympathetic electrical and plumbing works.

I need to replace a damaged board which was originally 5.5m long and is an eyesore next to its continuous 5.5m long neighbours. However, 5.5m far exceeds typical pine PSE available in the modern era.

I have contacted timber merchants, sawmills and salvage yards in my area (Gloucestershire/Herefordshire) but to no avail. Hence I turn to your wisdom and experience to suggest where I may be able to source a pine board of dimensions ~21mm x ~194mm x 5500mm? At 5500mm long, I have just 25mm of spare board to play with so can't risk going any shorter.

Reclaimed or newly felled/processed timber is acceptable. I'd also be interested if anyone has a rough cut/milled plank of suitable length which I could then get planed down to final dimensions. Location/distance shouldn't be a limitation. The only limitation is that it should be pine.

Any advice gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

I’ve had some recently from Romsey Reclamation around the 5.5m mark, but a bit narrower. I’d just have a call around and see what you can get.

Or take up a board from the edge or where furniture will hide a joint. I’d expect a replacement board to stick out as you are unlikely To get a good match on colour, grain and wear.

Latest posts

Back