Papparazi media harassment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
Never seen an episode of love island but know several people who have watched it religiously. The death that made me think, was of Mike Thalassitis or as the media liked to call him "Muggy Mike" As soon as he took his own life the media started calling him by his proper name. They created a character and as soon as he passed, immediately went back to his proper name.
Caroline flack has now took her own life which I suspect was due to pressure from the media after her allegations of abuse to her boyfriend.

I realise when people are public figures they become tabloid news but how do they get away with shoving cameras in people's faces or in Princess Diana's case literally chasing her off the road? It baffles me how they're allowed to harass people sometimes to their death. It makes no sense to me. If someone were to follow me around constantly taking pictures and writing things about me I'd hope there would be laws in place to protect me from the hassle. Never use to bother me but now it hits home that what I choose to read DOES effect other people and how they're treated.
1514fb3b33dfa9877f3968ae3a009230.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Why do you think so many celebrities don't live in this country full time? The tabloids here are worse than anywhere else in the world, every breath you take and every move you make they're watching you.

Good song that ! I'm watching the liam Gallagher documentary where he jeffed off abroad to get away from them.

ColeyS1":2xf97fyt said:
Good song that ! I'm watching the liam Gallagher documentary where he jeffed off abroad to get away from them.

perhaps if he'd have stayed in Longsight or Burnage he wouldn't get followed around, can't blame him though for leaving.

But these folks actively invite this attention when they start out, it’s only when they’ve achieved some level of “fame” that they start & decry it.

It’s sad when anyone takes there own life, obviously, but without the media no one would have heard of them. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but surely anyone these days wanting a certain level of fame will also be aware of the tragedies that have gone before chasing the dream.

phil.p":1bvr2cfm said:
Pity he didn't stay there. :D
We'll have to disagree on that one Phil. I liked oasis and never really got both they're solo efforts. His comeback from the Oasis past, divorce, media harassment then come back with his new music means I'll continue liking what he does. He's a character, much like marmite. I've got alot of time for Tyson Fury aswell.

Doug B":61cwaaar said:
B........anyone these days wanting a certain level of fame will also be aware of the tragedies that have gone before chasing the dream.

I doubt that many of these attention seekers were choosing between a life in academia or a life in the media spotlight. One suspects that a balanced perspective and an intellectual assessment of the risks involved wouldn't be commonly found in that bunch. I've never heard of the girl, but it's sad that any 40 year old gets their life into such a mess that suicide seems an appealing solution to them.

Is this the same person who beat their boyfriend with a lamp whilst he was sleeping?

ScaredyCat":1jzagbue said:
Is this the same person who beat their boyfriend with a lamp whilst he was sleeping?

I dont think Mike or Diana did that, that I know of.

Oasis to me were no more than a second rate John Lennon tribute act. I never saw the fascination ............ but then I think Coldplay and U2 two of the most over rated bands in history. :D Actually, I'd add The Beatles to that list as well. Brilliant songwriters, awful group. :D

I digress. Our tabloids the worst in the world? Nick Ferrari and Mike Graham (LBC and TalkRadio) both of whom have worked in journalism in the States both commented on Harry and Meghan's Megxit that if they thought the Press here were bad, they hadn't a clue what was coming to them over there.

MikeG.":15x2yauo said:
. One suspects that a balanced perspective and an intellectual assessment of the risks involved wouldn't be commonly found in that bunch.

Indeed but they will be more aware than you or I of the pitfalls as these sorts of people follow “celebrity” at every opportunity it’s what they crave & they try & know everything about it. They will have seen what happened to Princess Di & every unfortunate along the way since, I’m sure they feel they will be able to deal with but the truth is many can’t.

ColeyS1":112u0cpo said:
ScaredyCat":112u0cpo said:

I dont think Mike or Diana did that, that I know of.

No, sorry, I mean the subject of the OP.

Social media undoubtedly has a lot to answer for. With the exception of this forum I take no part in it - I couldn't give a monkey's toss what other people are doing, like or dislike or what they think of me. To do otherwise, madness lies.:D

Sorry... empty people and empty lives. Both those who want to be on something like Love Island and those who watch and comment about it (obviously not you guys)..

I find the whole thing profoundly depressing. "Idiocracy" is here and now.

phil.p":1k8vxgm4 said:
Social media undoubtedly has a lot to answer for. With the exception of this forum I take no part in it - I couldn't give a monkey's toss what other people are doing, like or dislike or what they think of me. To do otherwise, madness lies.:D

Mark Zuckerberg ....charged with crimes against humanity. I live for the day when I see that headline.

Hearing Jeremy Kyle's tv programme getting finally axed was a good day. Making entertainment about other people's misery didn't sit right.

ColeyS1":1rc0ayn9 said:
Hearing Jeremy Kyle's tv programme getting finally axed was a good day. Making entertainment about other people's misery didn't sit right.

Again, only because someone killed themselves. It's all fun and games and "entertainment" until somebody dies.

Doug B":3ut2pro5 said:
But these folks actively invite this attention when they start out, it’s only when they’ve achieved some level of “fame” that they start & decry it.

It’s sad when anyone takes there own life, obviously, but without the media no one would have heard of them. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but surely anyone these days wanting a certain level of fame will also be aware of the tragedies that have gone before chasing the dream.

I don’t think you can equate being a silly attention seeking celebrity with malicious tabloids who will literally do anything to sell a story. Yes these people do invite a lot of attention and I do find it all rather pointless but that doesn’t mean they deserve half of the stuff tabloids throw at them. It is truly disgusting and another embarrassment to the country.

Latest posts

Back