Post-Brexit international tool shopping.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Several good ideas here.
I had never heard of Conrad but they sell the ligher variety of Bessey sash cramps for a good price on their Swedish site. I may get a few in the future.
Piher seems like a respectable maker though I have never heard of them before. Any relations to Ehoma? Interresting.

Anyway I will try to get a few more sets of cramp heads from Britain within this year to make use of my remaining stock of rectangular tube. I bought 18 metres of the stuff but half is already used up.

@heimlaga: Your description of "the Finns" and of the tools market there sounds remarkably like Switzerland !!!!! The S/H market is also pretty thin here too - either rubbish or high-end industrial machinery.

FYI, Conrad is, I'm pretty sure, originally a German company, but they have a business here, and I'm pretty sure, in other European countries too. I've used them here several times and their prices are "OK", BUT they really well over-charge for packing!

Anyway, here's a link to what is I think, their main website:

www.conrad.de

HTH

heimlaga":3moinnk4 said:
Several good ideas here.
I had never heard of Conrad but they sell the ligher variety of Bessey sash cramps for a good price on their Swedish site. I may get a few in the future.
Piher seems like a respectable maker though I have never heard of them before. Any relations to Ehoma? Interresting.

Anyway I will try to get a few more sets of cramp heads from Britain within this year to make use of my remaining stock of rectangular tube. I bought 18 metres of the stuff but half is already used up.

Is it the black pipe using pipe clamp heads?

If so, I found them much cheaper in the USA than in the UK. Home depot or lowes, I can never remember which did Bessey. The other did Jorgensen or pony.

If I go over (big if at the moment) I can get some back to the UK for you easily enough.

Thanks for the kind offer but it is not that type of cramp heads that I am looking for so no thanks.

I mount classic English style Marples and Record and Woden and Paramo cramp heads whatever brand I can get hold of onto 25x50x3 rectangular tubing in which I drill holes every 30mm along the length. This rectangular tubing is way more rigid than than the 1/2 inch or ever 3/4 inch water pipe that the American style cramp heads are made for.

You can add Cyprus to the list of countries that have been held to ransom by a couple of families holding all the main import licences.
Almost all of my machinery has come from England, still far cheaper even with transport costs. And Cyprus is IN the EU!

When makita here have a 30% off sale, the prices come down to only DOUBLE UK. (hammer)

The only machine I got here anywhere near UK price was my dewalt table saw.
UK price under 400. Cyprus price (with my local dealer boasting about how much discount he was getting me) 850.
But we now have a french global chain store (LEROY MERLIN) which sold it to me for 500.
(Finally, a use for the french!) :shock: :lol:

I'm bringing back as much as I think I will need this year, because next will be like on old maps where all the bad areas had "Here be dragons" printed across them.

Latest posts

Back