Dovetail for scaffold boards 38mm thick

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YorkshireCarl

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a dovetail jig that can accommodate boards 38mm thick? the nearest I can find is 32mm max.
Thanks

MikeG.":2j3lnpll said:
YorkshireCarl":2j3lnpll said:
Does anyone know of a dovetail jig that can accommodate boards 38mm thick? the nearest I can find is 32mm max.
Thanks

I did a very informative thread on this subject a few years ago. :wink:
Had a look. Nice one!
Would have to deduct marks for having the pins square on to the end board instead of lining up with the grain of the sides, but who's going to notice? Otherwise very well done!

Thanks MikeG. I have done the same for garden furniture (yours were a little better than mine) but my daughter wanted me to make some internal furniture for her from scarf boards and the joints will need to be a little neater than I can manage by hand, which is why I was asking about the jig.

MikeG.":27qimwn5 said:
Is there any reason you couldn't take the boards down to 32mm thick? I don't know what "scarf boards" are.

I think there's an "R" in there that shouldn't be.

Scaf, Scaffolding.

Yes sorry my typo - scaffolding boards which are a standard 38mm thick - Yes taking the joint down to 32mm may be the only solution

Back