SIP 01332 10 inch Professional Cast Iron Table Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pedro,

Sorry only just logged in after a few busy days and as others have said - yes I do have a cast iron topped SIP Table saw. Mine is the slightly larger 12" model though which I have now been using for several years and it hasnt given me any trouble whatsoever.

Prior to having the 12" saw that I am currently using did actually have an 01332 10" model that was equally as good and reliable, and when I upgraded having used it for about 6 years sold it to a friend who is still using it to this day.

If you find yourself in Norfolk and not to far from my workshop you would be welcome to pop in, have a look at it and give it a hands on try if you like, whilst the larger model they are ultimately the same machine - coffee supplied of course!!

Rog

Bluekingfisher":25qk4bac said:
If you are looking to spend around a grand then take a look at the Woodford Woodworking machinery site. The proprietor, Roy Arrowsmith ?? sells two cabinet saw for that kind of money. I have one and my buddy has the other. Both of which I consider to be far superior to the SIP saw. Just my opinion of course but worth a look at his site and perhaps a chat with him.

These are both full sized 3 HP saws and weighing in at around 230Kg so perhaps not suited to a small garden shed shop but if you are in that kind of price range the money will buy you a good saw.

http://woodfordwm.co.uk/102103Xcaliburtest.pdf

http://woodfordwm.co.uk/

click on the link in the box at the bottom of the page where it says woodfordtooling.com this will show you the other saw he has for sale.

In addition you can buy accessories for this saw, such as stacked dado heads and arbour extensions for these saws.

Good luck.

David

+1 for Excalibur saws. I have one and I know of three other happy owners too

Hi David

Many thanks for your reply, I will a look at your recommended site and hopefully post another reply.

Peter

Hi Pedro

I bought my SIP 01332 a number of years ago from West Skelton Services, Dumfries and it's been an excellent, reliable saw.

Bob

Hi Rog
If I am ever down your I would love to pop in

I keep swaying to this saw

Will keep you updated. Many thanks for your advice

Peter

The SIP 01332 10 inch Professional Cast Iron Table Saw.

Firstly I have owned this saw now for just over three years, I am a cabinet maker and I specialize in one of bespoke designs, so after daily use I believe I can share my experiences with you of what the SIP10 has offered.
Solid, the big saw is extremely heavy and Solid, for me running all kinds of large and heavy lengths of hardwood and sheet material over my table saw creates in me a feeling of certainty.
Size, the table saws surface area is huge, with the centre table machined in cast iron and both side tables also constructed using cast iron altogether the table is massive and flat, I have a straight edge and I have placed this over the castings and they are near perfect.
Power, the big saw is fitted with a quiet 3hp induction motor and cuts through anything, I tend to use a slower feed rate when cutting oaks, Oroko, mahogany etc I do use a good Freud high count tooth blade that leaves a great finish.
Fence, an aluminium affair which locks solidly both on the front rail and the smaller back rail. This is where improvements could be made, saw dust can get into the front rail and if not carefull could through the fence out of square, you simply have to watch for this and brush away the debris if you do show care here then the fence will indeed lock down rock solid and perfectly straight cuts will be offered.
And finally Cost, here is where I would suggest makes this saw almost perfect, within the package the saw offers a very powerful motor at 3hp, main cast iron centre table accompanied by two cast iron side tables, not dreadful pressed steel, an excellent fence locking at front and back, just watch out for debris getting trapped, the saw is very solid with a completely inclosed cabinet. I cannot speak for the future but I can certainly vouch for the last three years while using this big saw, it's Solid, powerful, accurate And as most table saws changing the basic blade it arrives with to a much better cutting blade will take this saw from good to pretty amazing, would i recommend? A resounding YES, a very well priced, good table saw that should offer years of use to its users, is it perfect, ALMOST, thankyou for reading and I hope this short review may help someone out there thinking of purchasing. Regards Louie from Ulster Workshops UK

Just to back up what I posted previously I guess I've had mine for probably 15 years or so now and would see no reason to change it. As Louie says, it's solid as a rock, cuts through anything and has never let me down, I also use Freud blades btw and a zero clearance insert.

I did think about the sliding table but would have taken too much room and though I fitted the wheel option I rarely move the saw. I've since fitted a small removable out table to the back and on one side a full length fold away router table.

The one thing that disappointed me is dust collection which is poor, my own fault that I never got around to modifying the inside of the cabinet as other members have done but the saw really should have better collection from the factory. I guess at the price point the alternative machines aren't any better though.

Hi folks,

Sorry to piggyback the post...hope it’s ok with the admin.

I’ve just finished restoring a second hand SIP 01332. It’s a great piece of kit that I picked up for £300. A couple of bits missing but nothing that couldn’t be sorted. The last piece that I am struggling with with the fence. It is very sloppy with a lot of play. I can’t keep it Square front and back. The closest I can get is to tension the grip to the point it takes very little to lock the fence down. Doesn’t seem right. I’ve stripped it all down and cleaned it. Does anyone have any photos of their fence assembly? That I can compare with? It feels like there is something missing from the pad that runs along the guide rail.

Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• F3E72FAF-F295-40CA-85E0-ECBA4B06BE3C.jpeg
    F3E72FAF-F295-40CA-85E0-ECBA4B06BE3C.jpeg
    20.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 38BFBECD-7DCD-457E-A010-B53DCBEAF921.jpeg
    38BFBECD-7DCD-457E-A010-B53DCBEAF921.jpeg
    22.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 49DFFC07-FBA3-4E1E-ABE6-8E4C20815EA9.jpeg
    49DFFC07-FBA3-4E1E-ABE6-8E4C20815EA9.jpeg
    17.1 KB · Views: 58
Here's my fence upside down yours looks ok to me.
As far as I remember you adjust the tension by tightening the locknut in the third pic just a little at a time until it's tight, just a matter of feel if I remember.

Attachments

• IMG_2752.JPG
    IMG_2752.JPG
    70 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2751.JPG
    IMG_2751.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_2750.JPG
    IMG_2750.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 49
fretnot":15awzqpw said:
The itech is not the same at all it may look the same with a passing glance but the itech is not the same quality I have first hand experience and have one sitting on my drive awaiting collection by s&s as I write this..
do not buy the itech machine

Can you explain?

I've had the iTech version for a few years and, having first looked at the overpriced SIP, am pretty certain it is the same except for colour. The wheel kit which came with it was a SIP boxed part and so was the spare riving knife which I bought to cut down. Have never regretted buying the iTech, it does what I want.

GrahamF":1rc9373b said:
fretnot":1rc9373b said:
The itech is not the same at all it may look the same with a passing glance but the itech is not the same quality I have first hand experience and have one sitting on my drive awaiting collection by s&s as I write this..
do not buy the itech machine

Can you explain?

I've had the iTech version for a few years and, having first looked at the overpriced SIP, am pretty certain it is the same except for colour. The wheel kit which came with it was a SIP boxed part and so was the spare riving knife which I bought to cut down. Have never regretted buying the iTech, it does what I want.

Don't hold your breath, Fretnot hasn't visited the site since 2014

AndrewR86":2zezm933 said:
Hi folks,
Sorry to piggyback the post...hope it’s ok with the admin.
It feels like there is something missing from the pad that runs along the guide rail.
Hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance!

Just compared mine with the photos posted and can't see any differences. Only thing which comes to mind - are the rails mounted too low so the fence is sitting on the table and not clamping properly?

Graham
Just been out and checked mine again so here are a couple of picks with the fence clamped tight. maybe your pad is worn although I'd have thought you could take up wear with the adjustment nut.

There is a gap on mine of less than 1mm between bottom of fence and table, I don't know if it should be there or not but mine clamps perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_2763.JPG
    IMG_2763.JPG
    149.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2765.JPG
    IMG_2765.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 24
Lons":dkehi9jd said:
Graham
Just been out and checked mine again so here are a couple of picks with the fence clamped tight. maybe your pad is worn although I'd have thought you could take up wear with the adjustment nut.

Hi Lons, mine is OK, it's Andrew who has the problem. G.

GrahamF":176kam74 said:
Lons":176kam74 said:
Graham

Hi Lons, mine is OK, it's Andrew who has the problem. G.
Sorry Graham, must learn to read properly, maybe my missus is right and I can't multitask, trying to watch footie at the same time. :lol:

Thanks for the advice guys.

My fence is sitting off the table, plenty of clearance.
088E24CA-F485-427E-B333-F0A8577ACFE1.jpeg

Only thing I can think that could be causing the issue is the plate at the back is bent. Possibly over tensioned at some stage. Will have a go at straightening it because as it is right now there is a lot of play in the entire fence.
022D713D-9620-49DA-A4C4-878CBCFD657A.jpeg

Thanks again for your input. If anything else pops to mind please fire it my way!

Attachments

• 088E24CA-F485-427E-B333-F0A8577ACFE1.jpeg
    088E24CA-F485-427E-B333-F0A8577ACFE1.jpeg
    17.4 KB · Views: 135
  • 022D713D-9620-49DA-A4C4-878CBCFD657A.jpeg
    022D713D-9620-49DA-A4C4-878CBCFD657A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
Just to back up what I posted previously I guess I've had mine for probably 15 years or so now and would see no reason to change it. As Louie says, it's solid as a rock, cuts through anything and has never let me down, I also use Freud blades btw and a zero clearance insert.

I did think about the sliding table but would have taken too much room and though I fitted the wheel option I rarely move the saw. I've since fitted a small removable out table to the back and on one side a full length fold away router table.

The one thing that disappointed me is dust collection which is poor, my own fault that I never got around to modifying the inside of the cabinet as other members have done but the saw really should have better collection from the factory. I guess at the price point the alternative machines aren't any better though.

Hi Lons, yes great reply, the dust collection on most table saws is poor, I currently have the Laguna fusion 3, a stunning saw, possibly the best I have ever used and had but the dust collection is poor, and once in a while I have to remove the motor box cover to empty the cabinet that fills with sawdust, but when it comes to super accurate cutting the big 3 really does the biz!

Back