Bookcase build / job interview

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
petermillard":3c4df46r said:
Best to buy from Tikkurila direct (Tikkurila.co.uk for details) though you have to phone them to place an order. I mostly use Helmi 30 (30% sheen, satin finish). They’ll colour match to pretty much anything.

Never got on with Morells; started a conversation with them when I first started spraying, but they totally lost interest when I said I was 100% water-based - so I spent a few grand last year with Tikkurila instead <shrug>

HTH P

Looks like they learnt that lesson pretty quickly then Peter! I told my local (Warrington) branch that I was staying WB and they immediately wanted to help offering their Italian WB lacquer product.

I have had a really good experience with Morrells, quality of products and their customer service has always been excellent. I might just be lucky or their Warrington branch exceptionally good, either way, I am happy.

I've not tried the Tikk stuff yet but I will be doing a bit of testing later this year.

I have recently had a sample litre of Construction Chemicals WB acrylic primer delivered which I'll do a few sample panels with, this is a lot cheaper than the Morrells 501 and I go through a lot of primer so might be a good switch!

Back