Drawer stops

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right sorry Richard I thought you were being sarcastic!
Though I doubt it would have been readily available as useful scrap until the machine age.
It's good as a stop because it is much less likely to split than a sold piece of wood. In fact you can't split it, though they may get knocked off eventually, but work of minutes to pin/glue back on.

Jacob":3sid9vjd said:
Right sorry Richard I thought you were being sarcastic!
Jacob, I was simply amused to see your mention of plywood drawer stops being traditional.

I was also aware that ancient civilisations had devised means for making cross-laminated wooden forms (panels maybe?) of one sort or another, although equating the properties of those cross laminated forms with recent historical (~150 - 200 years back) or contemporary plywood configurations might be a bit of a stretch.

Sarcastic? Well, I can be, but I try not to display sarcasm in woodworking forums, for a start. And secondly, I'm ninety nine percent sure you have an elephant thick skin, and you're virtually impervious to pissh taking and all forms of insults anyway ... so why would I bother? Slainte.

Sgian Dubh":93kcsfw1 said:
..... virtually impervious to pissh taking and all forms of insults anyway ... ..
Well you need to be thick skinned in the land of the gammon. :shock:

No need for the lefty insults now Jacob. The skinny little beardy grey haired guy was trounced , that's Corbyn just in case you thought I meant you :wink:

Jacob":5imlt5tc said:
I designed these drawer stops to be adjustable...

Why? What's the problem getting them in the right place to start with? You gauge a line and nail/glue on a bit of ply. It's traditional.

Jacob, providing the drawer stops with adjustability made it possible to play around with the design ... determine if, and by how much, set back was needed ... also, the drawer fronts were bowed, which affected the positioning of the stop.

ApothecaryChestFinal_html_172dc901.jpg

Regards from a freezing Prague

Derek

Latest posts

Back