Dutch Tool Chest WiP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phlebas":26g5sj4j said:
Trainee neophyte":26g5sj4j said:
You could probably explain how the aorist tenses work

Only in Quenya.

Trainee neophyte":26g5sj4j said:
Still, what can you do when you live in foreign? Talk foreign is the only option.

Surely you simply speak english slowly, and more loudly. Oh, and add '-o' to the end of most nouns. Jack Aubrey had it mastered.
In an attempt to be more cosmopolitan, and less British, I once walked into an ironmongery and ask for a kilo of fingernails. Sneaky Greek has an entirely different word for nail and fingernail, and I didn't spot it - just pulled the first word out if the dictionary. Same shop, different occasion, I asked for a box of goats - the word for goat and the word for screw is similar, especially if you are just a trainee. Suffice to say we don't go into that shop any more: it's easier that way.

Bod":1iaz0htg said:
https://www.screwsline.co.uk/
For your screw requirements.
Only connection is being a happy customer, used them several times.

Bod

Thanks for the link, just placed an order.

Starjump":3n0gyok7 said:
Hello, I enjoyed this thread very much.
The woodwork and the humour :D Many thanks.

Glad you enjoyed it. For the woodwork I take entire responsibility and blame. For the humour I am mostly indebted to my associate, Trainee Neophyte.

Or Tharg the Mighty One according to his avatar. Much better name.

Steady on lad, you're finishing things recklessly fast!
Honestly, if that really is the view from your window, I imagine most of the delay is down to staring into the distance and smiling...

AndyT":3j61cjso said:
Steady on lad, you're finishing things recklessly fast!
Honestly, if that really is the view from your window, I imagine most of the delay is down to staring into the distance and smiling...

Hoom, hoom, I'm tempted to say something in Entish about the hastiness of men. But I'm not sure what the Ents' position on wood working is.

And it really is the view from my kitchen. However six weeks ago it was a bit different. This is a view from the wood at the brow of the hill (one of my favourite pondering spots) looking back towards my humble abode. The dark blob in the middle ground is a disgruntled teckel.

Gratuitous2.jpg

Attachments

• Gratuitous2.jpg
    Gratuitous2.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 144
Back